Soc Is Not Insgrtgd Or No Gaog Exists!

barnesy

Website
Visit site
Hi All,

I just felt like digging my old FLU out for a play, but it seems to have gone strange. It has one of the multi firmwares on it. Both Pacrom and GP FW157e++ seem to be showing incorrect characters. So I get the error in the thread title when I try to use the standard firmware, and Pacrom has options like 'Filg oanaggr' and 'Link oodg'. And then it (understandably) fails to navigate from the root directory of the card.

So it looks like some characters are now two letters out, but not all of them are. The SMC card looks fine on my computer, and the batteries are freshly charged 2300mAh Ni-Mhs. Anyone seen this? I guess I'm going to have to reflash the firmware, which will be quite a trip into distant memories!

Thanks for any help.

edit - Ah. Looking at http://207.44.176.77/~admin28/gp32emu/faq/firmware.htm I don't think I can follow those instructions because I can't navigate to the directory that the GP32 sees as 'gpoo'. So if there's another answer, I could do with hearing it!

try formatting the smc first, you might be able to atleast get gpmm directory back and work from there...

Thanks. That got me a little further - I can now get into the gpmm (well, gpoo) directory in 'Pacroo', and it will let me try to run .fxe (.fxg, you get the story...) files, but then it hangs. Ah well, my gp2x still seems fine!

blimey, I've just posted about this very subject elsewhere, spook!

I have exactly this problem with a brand new blu+, same characters and everything, gpoo etc... I've noticed a few programs that do load, lacuna and chn's c16 emu work ok although with the same corrupted characters. Darkfaders bios dump also works, so I've dumped my bios and compared it side by side with one from elsewhere in a hexeditor and it looks exactly the same.

It has been suggested that a memory chip may not be seated/soldered correctly, but who knows?

Back