[SOLVED] Opkg Won't Update

freedomdown

Still Fresh
I just received my pandora today (yay!), and I've been trying to compile a program I made in glbasic. There's a install_gcc shell script I'm supposed to run to make sure everything is installed but it hangs on 'opkg update'.
It is getting the correct ip address for www.angstrom-distribution.org, and my desktop pc can download the Packages.gz file, but my pandora cannot. I even tried just using wget to see if I could download it that way but it stays at 0% with approx 8hours remaining for a 400K file.
I was wondering if someone could try running opkg update on their pandora and see if it's just me or if something weird is going on.
I've never used opkg before, is there a way to update the package list from a local file?

Here's the url in case someone else wants to try to wget it:
Packages.gz

It looks like it's wifi related, after trying several wifi networks with both the new beta wifi driver and the older one, I finnaly found one that would let it connect and update.
I hope the wifi drivers get fixed more.

EDIT: apparently I can't rename my topic as [SOLVED] so if a moderator reads this please mark it as SOLVED

freedomdown said:
EDIT: apparently I can't rename my topic as [SOLVED] so if a moderator reads this please mark it as SOLVED
Done. :) That said, it's easier to get our attention if you use the "Report" button (located on every post). That way we can't miss notes like this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back