[Solved] Qemu File transfer / mkisofs?

pmprog

DNF (Did Not Finish)
I'm trying to get some files off my Pandora SD card into my Qemu image (which has installed FreeDOS). Anyone know how to do this?

I did think about using mkisofs to create a CD image, but apparently it's unavailable, and any time I see it mentioned in these forums every says "use squashfs", but I don't think that will work in this case.

So, any ideas how I can do this on my Pandora?

Never mind, I found the sources to mkisofs and built it myself :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi..
..mostly reach it when you put the Files that you want to copy in a Folder and use the SharedFolder Option by choosing this Folder.

But 2 limits for this Way are:
1. Directorys over 512MB Size are not working.

2. You cannot execute anything from this Folder because its not writable.
Qemu Crash when you do that.

Copy your Files into the Image and execute them from there,thats Important.

For making ISOs with the Files to Copy use i simply ever on my PC K3B or CDBurnerXP or UltraIso.
That should work when you package the Files in a Iso.
Iso Image Size is not important,so 3-4GB sized Isos should work too.

Hope i helped you :)

Last edited by a moderator:
use the SharedFolder Option by choosing this Folder.
Hmmm, last time I tried setting that it wouldn't event start the emu, but I guess that's due to the 512MB size. I changed it to a smaller directory and it worked. Wish I'd known that first, but meh, I have mkisofs now anyway :)
For making ISOs with the Files to Copy use i simply ever on my PC K3B or CDBurnerXP or UltraIso.
Yeah, currently don't have access to my PC, hence asking about a Pandora solution (although perhaps I should have stated that a bit clearer :) )
Thanks

Back