[SOLVED] Stella (Atari 2600) Emulation

Cas

Hello

Has anybody tried the version of the Atari 2600 Emulator ( Stella ) that was added onto Repo

yesterday ?

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=stella-app

I have run the rom audit, then I choose a ROM to Load and Stella closes.

Is it just not working ?

Am I doing something wrong ?

Thanks.

EDIT: WHY WAS THIS MOVED MOVED TO CUSTOMER SUPPORT ? THIS AREA IS FOR PANDORA ISSUES, AS IT STATES, CUSTOMER SUPPORT......

Last edited by a moderator:
customer support should be for pandora related issues not application issues for applications that are not part of the default firmware, CAS is correct.

customer support should be for pandora related issues not application issues for applications that are not part of the default firmware, CAS is correct.

Hello

Thank you :)

Found out at Repo that it does not support PAL games, runs others OK :)

EDIT: WHY WAS THIS MOVED MOVED TO CUSTOMER SUPPORT ? THIS AREA IS FOR PANDORA ISSUES, AS IT STATES, CUSTOMER SUPPORT......
It was moved by me to Support because this seems to be the most appropriate place for such a thread - and indeed, this is the place where the majority of such threads seem to get posted.

My apologies if this is a problem.

Just rename the section from Customer Support to General Support and that will straighten out the issue.

^ The thing is, the section isn't called "Customer Support", and never has been - it's just "Support". ;)

^ The thing is, the section isn't called "Customer Support", and never has been - it's just "Support". ;)

The Description does say Customer Support.. says it before clicking into the section. I was about to write the same thing before I double checked.

My apologies once again. I had no idea that moving a support question from a customer, into the Support section meant for supporting customers, would cause such derailment. :blink:

Cas, if it's of any help, there is a beta-testing thread for this version of Stella, located here. A cursory glance suggests that this version may suffer the same difficulties with running PAL games as some of the previous, older ports did (that is to say, it appears that it cannot run PAL games at all). Was the game you tried to run a PAL one?

My apologies once again. I had no idea that moving a support question from a customer, into the Support section meant for supporting customers, would cause such derailment. :blink:

Cas, if it's of any help, there is a beta-testing thread for this version of Stella, located here. A cursory glance suggests that this version may suffer the same difficulties with running PAL games as some of the previous, older ports did (that is to say, it appears that it cannot run PAL games at all). Was the game you tried to run a PAL one?

Hello

As mods do you guys actually read what people post ?

Just wondered, take a peek above :p

Hello

Certainly do! It does help if people's posts are clear, though, as I never saw a statement in the first place that PAL software was what was being used. :p

I see now that I didn't need to bother spending some of my time tracking down that thread I linked to above, at any rate.

what a moron
That's unnecessary.

Hello

Certainly do! It does help if people's posts are clear, though, as I never saw a statement in the first place that PAL software was what was being used. :p

I see now that I didn't need to bother spending some of my time tracking down that thread I linked to above, at any rate.

what a moron
That's unnecessary.

it appears as though you missed this one...

Hello

Thank you :)

Found out at Repo that it does not support PAL games, runs others OK :)

he found the answer before you began searching for the answer to the query :p

^ I didn't miss it, I assure you. :p I just failed to make the connection, for some reason. :lol: It's certainly information that would have been handy in the first post, though, I feel.

^ I didn't miss it, I assure you. :p I just failed to make the connection, for some reason. :lol: It's certainly information that would have been handy in the first post, though, I feel.

Hello

That is because I did not know that it was the PAL roms causing the problem when I posted the OP.

Thanks for the link by the way.

Now lets stop, my problem is resolved :)

@Cas - One "[sOLVED]" mark, coming up. ;)

it's also a problem with previous version. PAL games cause Stella to crash. Any report on performance? Pitfall 2 seemed slower imo.

Hello

Have not played Pitfall, played a couple of things, one game I do not recall the name of, painting in squares thing and good old Space Invaders, both seemed a bit sluggish.

I just received my Pandora yesterday. I wanted to get An Atari 2600, 800, NES & Spectrum emu going. And so far only the 800 & NES emus are working. Once I guessed and created a directory in pandora/appdata- all went well.

I have a problem where the pnd simply does not appear to start. This also goes for SDLMame and PandaBAS. I am running the OS from an SD and everything else works fine. I have tried creating various sub-directories in pandora/appdata such as 2600 and stella. but the apps still simply do not appear to start.?

Any ideas to try?

Thanks

check the pnd filesize. make sure its complete, if youre using pandora wifi, it has tendencies to crap out before download is done. redownload, or use another pc to download pnds

Back