Some Apps Don't Work But Clearly Do For Others

likwidoxigen

Website
Visit site
Where can I get some debugging output or something for these things that gives some sort of reason as to why they're not running. No apps run from within XFCE by double clicking or right click -> execute. I'm doing this all from command line with pnd_run.

I tried clearing the appdata folder. And still no luck.

Any ideas?

Bryce Leo said:
Where can I get some debugging output or something for these things that gives some sort of reason as to why they're not running. No apps run from within XFCE by double clicking or right click -> execute. I'm doing this all from command line with pnd_run.

I tried clearing the appdata folder. And still no luck.

Any ideas?

Double Click doesn't work yet as it's not associated.
You need to put them in /pandora/menu or /pandora/desktop on your SD Card and can run them from there.

As for debug output, there is /tmp/pndrun* which is the log output.

Last edited:
tsh said:
/tmp/pndrun***
EvilDragon said:
Double Click doesn't work yet as it's not associated.
You need to put them in /pandora/menu or /pandora/desktop on your SD Card and can run them from there.

As for debug output, there is /tmp/pndrun* which is the log output.

I'm assuming that "pndrun" isn't a literal string and that is just the name of the PND application. Applications that fail to run don't show up, but ones that do run are in there, like psx & renima have folders in there. But nothing for deadbeef, or firefox366. So i've been though pnd_run and there's no options for output from that.

Last edited by a moderator:
The log output ALWAYS starts with /tmp/pndrun*
Running deadbeef, for example, should result in /tmp/pndrundeadbeef.out.log (or something like that).

The log is being created from pnd_app.sh, so when there is no logfile, you didn't start it at all (or at least not correctly)

EvilDragon said:
Running deadbeef, for example, should result in /tmp/pndrundeadbeef.out.log (or something like that).

The log is being created from pnd_app.sh, so when there is no logfile, you didn't start it at all (or at least not correctly)

I knew that I couldn't be using pnd_run wrong but it got me thinking. What if something was wrong but not terribly wrong with the running of them. The PND's were good enough to show up but not good enough to run. The MD5's didn't match on the files i had downloaded and the ones i had on the card. I re-copied them and checked and then it was all good.

I'm using fat32 on the cards. Any reason I shouldn't/couldn't use ext3 or something like that? Wouldn't I still have the same issues but just a different file system?

a common issue that's been reported is the download wasn't completed cleanly so the PND is corrupt, redownloading usually fixes it.

Bryce Leo said:
I'm using fat32 on the cards. Any reason I shouldn't/couldn't use ext3 or something like that? Wouldn't I still have the same issues but just a different file system?
If you plan to ever use this card with a windows, stick to vfat, else ext2 is a fine world (no need to journalize that...)

Bryce Leo said:
EvilDragon said:

I knew that I couldn't be using pnd_run wrong but it got me thinking. What if something was wrong but not terribly wrong with the running of them. The PND's were good enough to show up but not good enough to run. The MD5's didn't match on the files i had downloaded and the ones i had on the card. I re-copied them and checked and then it was all good.

If you downloaded the files with your Pandora, that's your problem. Arora and Midori don't always download the files right. Changing the filesystem on the card won't help that.

-God Ginrai

Back