Some More Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwarf shortage
Website
Visit site
Discussion started in this thread.
With the release of the Caanoo just around the corner, I think we need some new moderators who will be active in the Wiz/Caanoo section. There are none at the moment.
Simple as that really :) . Nominate people below.

I nominate Peter R :) .
Edit: I'll also put myself forward.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think quote would do a good job. I can't comment on the other suggestions, cause I don't know them good enough.

mali said:
I think quote would do a good job. I can't comment on the other suggestions, cause I don't know them good enough.
Possibly because we don't really visit the Pandora sections at all? Oh, I'm posting from this account because EvilDragon has my other account to try and fix it so that I can finally view the board properly again.

Peter_R said:
mali said:
Possibly because we don't really visit the Pandora sections at all? Oh, I'm posting from this account because EvilDragon has my other account to try and fix it so that I can finally view the board properly again.

Well I've managed to get rid of the hanging by deleting my hundreds of watched topics. Seems I had the board set to subscribe to every topic I replied in :p .

Edit: Hopefully evildragon will be able to merge the above post/account into this one when he has time :).

Peter R said:
Possibly because we don't really visit the Pandora sections at all?
Yep, that's most likely the reason. I visit the Off Topic section regularly, though. One thing I found very nice was quote's attitude when the community split was discussed. He tried to steer it back, so that's a big plus in my book and the reason I added him to my friend list.

mali said:
Peter R said:
Possibly because we don't really visit the Pandora sections at all?
Yep, that's most likely the reason. I visit the Off Topic section regularly, though. One thing I found very nice was quote's attitude when the community split was discussed. He tried to steer it back, so that's a big plus in my book and the reason I added him to my friend list.

Do you mean the Chip proposed one along time ago in a galaxy far far away? On the topic of community splits one will never happen as the people who are here want to be here so why would they move elsewhere? I think only if the place went to shit or changed in some serious way such that it was no longer hospitable to them would people leave :).

Thanks for the support guys :).

Peter R said:
Do you mean the Chip proposed one along time ago in a galaxy far far away?
No, I think he's referring to a more recent thread.

Peter R said:
I think only if the place went to shit or changed in some serious way such that it was no longer hospitable to them would people leave :) .
Agreed.

quote said:
No, I think he's referring to a more recent thread.
Ah, wasn't that a discussion in the chatbox topic about oX? As I said there I don't think people want or need to move and so an alternative forum isn't needed.

Orkie said:
Peter R said:
I think only if the place went to shit
Line 1: Unnecessary conditional.
Yay, compiler output!

Peter R said:
Ah, wasn't that a discussion in the chatbox topic about oX? As I said there I don't think people want or need to move and so an alternative forum isn't needed.
No, it was a thread in the Pandora section IIRC :). Can't find it atm.

I was going to say that we don't need another moderator since we have the report button. But the lack of updates to the news is really getting annoying. It can take days before a news piece gets approved (and thereby visible by people), at which point it is close to old news. So i now agree, we really need more Wiz-oriented moderators... or just moderators that are not as busy as the current "batch."

/Uni

Any moderator can (I'm sure I've had both ED and vimacs approve stuff long in the past).

^ Yep. I'll check the WIZ news section once a day from now on, till you have another MOD or one of the others gets more active again.

Gruso said:
I'd take them all home to meet my mother.

Not needed, I put out on the first date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back