Some Questions [linux]

zumbi

Still Fresh
Hi!

This is my first post, so hello to all.

I have been "playing" with GP32 =) and Linux. I have some questions i'd like to ask here:

1) I have downloaded gplink and it copies some files ok, but i have experienced some "Sending error" when i send some files like: libopncurssl, boa.conf, etc.. It looks like it doesn't support dot files and it starts sending file libopncurssl but it fails ("Send error") at 4-9-13% on transfer, so
could this be the batteries ?
how can i send boa.conf ? I'd like to try out Linux packages on download as:
* gP32oPie
* Pack Wifi
Do they work ? What kind of wireless card do i need to plug onto GP32 ?
BTW, do you know what are latest news on GP32linux port ? I just have followed to Lucas Coreia's 2.6.14-git2 patches but what about X and wifi ?

2) I have download iMappyv10 and some maps, how do i install them on GP32?
What i have done is put /GPMM/IMAPPY.FXE and try to but map files under /GPMM and /GPMM/IMAPPY but application tells me that it cant find any map, any clue ?

Thanks -> gp32_console

Thanks for your quick answer... i'm having some trouble sending information to GP32 with PC-link and gplink. I'll try to get a reader.

Thanks again ! This utility that you tell me looks like a nice tool =)

AFAIK there's no wifi for the GP32 and probably will never be. The biggest problem is, that there's no real USB-host and wifi by a SMC-card is something I've never heard about. Maybe some hardware guru like Mr. Mirko could tell ya, but that guy seems to beeing <sarcastic mode>caught by the evil PSP ppl </sarcastic mode>

QuasaR posted on Mar 22 2006 at 02:51 PM said:
AFAIK there's no wifi for the GP32 and probably will never be. The biggest problem is, that there's no real USB-host and wifi by a SMC-card is something I've never heard about. Maybe some hardware guru like Mr. Mirko could tell ya, but that guy seems to beeing <sarcastic mode>caught by the evil PSP ppl </sarcastic mode>
There is.

Last edited by a moderator:
QuasaR posted on Mar 22 2006 at 02:51 PM said:
There is a wifi package at downloads section.

QuasaR posted on Mar 22 2006 at 06:31 PM said:
Nice to have a wifi-pack without a wifi hardware or can anybody of you wise-guys tell me what kinda hardware was used?
usb wifi stick

btw. there are even videos of it.

Back