Some workaround Aircrack

shideneyu

Still Fresh
Hello !

I have my own Pandora now, and I have decided ( if it's in my power :p ) to run aircrack-ng :lol:

I don't start from scratch, I have already did a lot of search about this topic, and I'm proud of writting you the way I succeed to go, and the things I didn't manage to do.

Why do I wanna run aircrack-ng? In order to crack my wep encrypted wifi :D It's completely legal on most countries (and in mine of course) please don't lock this thread, aircrack is a free software in security domain ;)

The goal of this topic is to fully run aircrack-ng on the Pandora; if people are interrested on this project, don't be afraid to post here how to go to the next step :)

First of all, I'm a linux and aircrack-ng user and I can't explain the goal of every command, but I will try to ensure you'll understand me. The wifi driver on hotfix 5 doesn't support monitor mode (to enable packet injection). Fortunately, I found this post: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/58888-another-test-wifi-driver/

Yeah, thanks Notaz, a new wifi driver for our Pandy's has been successfully compiled, and enable monitor mode :D

So, download http://notaz.gp2x.de/misc/pnd/wl1251-modules_1.0-r24.5_omap3-pandora.ipk , put it on your SD card and run it in a terminal with:

Code:
sudo opkg install --force-reinstall the/way/to/your/module/wl1251-modules_1.0-r24.5_omap3-pandora.ipk

Everything should be ok, just write your password; a red light should now open and the new wifi driver should now run and takes place. Don't close the terminal.

Thanks to this post (and thanks Alan =) ) we now have an aircrack pnd. Download it and run it in a new terminal with sudo

Code:
pnd_run the/way/to/aircrack.pnd

A new terminal will open: aircrack-ng is mounted. in this terminal run:

Code:
/mnt/utmp/aircrack-ng-1.1_001/scripts/airmon-ng start wlan0

This will appear:

Salameche-Citron:/mnt/utmp/aircrack-ng-1.1_001# /mnt/utmp/aircrack-ng-1.1_001/scripts/airmon-ng start wlan0

Found 3 processes that could cause trouble.

If airodump-ng, aireplay-ng or airtun-ng stops working after

a short period of time, you may want to kill (some of) them!

PID Name

5726 avahi-daemon

5738 NetworkManager

5748 wpa_supplicant

Interface Chipset Driver

wlan0 Unknown wl1251_sdio - [phy0]

ERROR: Neither the sysfs interface links nor the iw command is available.

Please download and install iw from

http://wireless.kernel.org/download/iw/iw-0.9.19.tar.bz2

Salameche-Citron:/mnt/utmp/aircrack-ng-1.1_001# sudo kill 5726

Salameche-Citron:/mnt/utmp/aircrack-ng-1.1_001# sudo kill 5738

Salameche-Citron:/mnt/utmp/aircrack-ng-1.1_001# sudo kill 5748

As you can see, severals process (including 2 that I don't know) is interfering with aircrack. I have chosen to kill these process with "sudo kill pidnumber". I have no idea of the consequences (just the networkmanager disepeared, but it's normal) , my Pandora is running well now. This problem disepeared but an error remains:

ERROR: Neither the sysfs interface links nor the iw command is available.

Please download and install iw from

http://wireless.kernel.org/download/iw/iw-0.9.19.tar.bz2

After quick searches on google, I decided to download the last version of iw, you can download it here: http://wireless.kernel.org/download/iw/iw-3.0.tar.bz2

After having copied the folder inside the archive into the root on my SD card, I run a new terminal in my Pandora with:

Code:
cd /yoursdcard/iw3.0

Then:

Code:
 make

bash: make: command not found

OMG on my Ubuntu computer I never experienced a such situation that in this case oO I've always have my gcc compiler always installed to compile things I need. I don't know exactly how this works, the whole process is an enigma for me, but I always simply write "./configure" then "make" and "makeinstall".

After having read the readme it is written:

Code:
To build iw, just enter 'make'. If that fails, set the

PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable to allow the Makefile

to find libnl.

Thanks to people in this forum, I experienced this command yesterday, but I can't do it a new time. Time for me to ask your help again in this project.

However, when everything seemed dark, I looked at this topic: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/58490-yactfeau/

I undestood it was a compiler,

How to install it ?

There is 2 way to install this :

1) On your own linux box (should be 32bits ready), here are the steps :

Download the SDK file(torrent) (check the file size)

extract it (you'll need either to be root, or have created the directory /usr/local/angstrom/arm and give read/write to the user extracting) :

tar -C /usr/local/angstrom/arm -xjf pandora-toolchain-20110313.tar.bz2

Fix the file permission :

sudo chown -R <your-name>.<your-name> /usr/local/angstrom/arm

Run the installer

/usr/local/angstrom/arm/scripts/installer.sh

Reload your shell (so the bashrc modification are know to your shell)

2) Using the VirtualBox images : here (warning : get a look at the file size before clicking on the next download link), so every Windows/MacOS users (and the lazy ones) can use it

(the user in the image is devel and it's password is devel too)

Ok I think I completely misunderstood because I have only 148,2 MB free space on my internal Memory in my Pandora, and there's no "usr/local" in my Pandora. The archive is heavy (500Mb)... Ok I hope I didn't lose your trust :D

[edit]: After having run cdevtool.pnd, and "make", I get the following error:

/mnt/utmp/cdevtools/mysrc$ make /media/mmcblk0p1/iw-3.0

make: Warning: File `/media/mmcblk0p1/iw-3.0' has modification time 687 s in the future

make: Nothing to be done for `/media/mmcblk0p1/iw-3.0'.

make: warning: Clock skew detected. Your build may be incomplete.

[Edit2]: Forget airmon-ng and everything which is strikethrough, we can put the card in monitor mode by doing:

ifconfig wlan0 down

iwconfig wlan0 mode monitor

iwconfig wlan0 (should show card in monitor mode)

ifconfig wlan0 up

Thanks to maxxdoutvdub who gave the solution.

We're going to the next step now (airodump): there is a problem:

Code:
/mnt/utmp/aircrack-ng-1.1_001/airodump-ng: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I found the solution, do this:

Code:
ln -sf /usr/lib/libssl.so.1.0.0 /usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.8

ln -sf /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.1.0.0 /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8

Okay, airodump-ng runs fine now :D But it doesn't find as much access point than my computer does :-0

I let show you these beautiful pictures to show the new problem:

I'm updating this first each time that we've going to the next step =D

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing to note: by default the WiFi device in the Pandora isn't set to its highest power rating, since maxing it out drains the battery a lot quicker. I bet you could get more access points by doing that, however.

Indeed, I detect only 5 access point with my pandora, and 34 with my Natty Narwhal computer as you can notice :blink:

Concerning the battery, 10 hours in normal use is great, but even it's 2 hours with full wifi, I don't care :p

So, is there a way to enable wifi overcloaking??

[edit] I tested this:

Code:
sudo iwconfig wlan0 power off

It works, but when monitor mode enabled, this appears:

Code:
set failed on devince wlan0 ; Invalid argument

When power manager turned off before enabling monitor mode, it works, but I don't find more ap, so I don't know if power manager doesn't automatically turned on?

hi

aircrack.pnd not running, using this command

Code:
sudo pnd_run aircrack.pnd
i get

Code:
Runscript	/usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh

Pndfile		aircrack.pnd

Subapp Number	0

nothing seems to be mounted on utmp?

Hi, you should restart your pandora it looks like there´ a lack of free rams

If it stills doesn´ work place aircrack in the root of your SD card and tell me what happen ;)

lol! you thanked me :lol: also you guys might want to try aircrack from the angstrom repo, kinda cuts out some of the extra work in between. you guys should try the ported n900 patches that alan made (however before running his script you must convert it with 'fromdos', i did so on an ubuntu machine) i was getting in to testing them when i got extremely busy at work and it kinda fell to the wayside. however this weekend im expecting a hurricane and just picked up some new hardware (alfa wireless radio and a 3.5 in sd reader for my desktop) so i plan on having a day of fun with 802.11 tomorrow!

so since this is fun for me im gonna format my nice new 32gb sd card with a large angstrom partition, a small bt5 partion, and a swap partition then ill see if i can get some results. im really interested in getting the alfa radio working. its 1000mw's... in case you wanna reach out and touch somebody ;)

im tellin ya, with a rig like that. a little bnep action to a 3g cell phone, and a ssh session to your respective high powered home desktops, some magic can happen!

lol ok, so theres a program that works with aircrack called wepbuster. it runs aircrack for you and autopwns all wep in range without mac filtering. we could maybe edit it to turn our chip to monitor mode instead of using airomon-ng, then write a script that runs the injection patch, then wepbuster, then kills the patch maybe, then someone can pnd it all!!!!... but thats really a little over complicated, besides its more fun to manually run your commands with aircrack and see what each one does. besides aircrack does work. get it from the angstrom repo, use notaz's patched driver and you can use airodump-ng with the card in monitor to collect packets. good reliable injection and possibly external wifi radios to extend range are the next hat trick. alan has screen shots of injection working, i just need to fiddle with his patch a little to get it working on my end...

Ok, I installed aircrack from angstrom repo, but airmon-ng still doesn't work.

And airodump doesn't work great... I find a new time 5 access point instead of 30

yup i dont have a great answer for this but its just like on the n900, its something with the wireless stack that wont work with airmon-ng. but manually putting the card into monitor (just like on the n900) works well. as for the access points you can try increasing tx power but this could also be due to the limitations of the chipset i suppose.

so check this out. alfa wifi radio, pretty swank right. i use it all the time with my laptop. as stated yesterday i am hunkered down awaiting the arrival of a hurricane. so as of right now, im sitting in front of my gear, drinking a vodka redbull, and its time to see if i can make the alfa play with the pandora. ill be lurking the forums all day so if you have any questions just pm me.

ill also be diving back into alans patches on my new sd card setup. i have a little wep router setup for testing. ive cracked this one with the n900 before so ill see what i can do with the pandora.

WOOOOOOT !!! I have no words to express what I'm feeling when reading your lines :loll

I hope you'll work hard on that job, it sounds pretty awesome ! I just worked during 15h (yesterday and today) in order to make my 3g stick to work on the Pandora :p I was so happy few hours ago when I got it work :lol: (I will write an how-to very soon)

I can't afford to buy an antenna for now, but if you could succeed to manage it I will buy it :D (How unfair I'm)

Seriously, in ten days, I will go in center of france in a small village in the middle of nowhere, with only my Pandora, and my 3g stick as I will become a student (in Informatic matter of course) in a small shool :D If you could make this Antenna works (1000W... WTFF :lol: ) I will bypass the problem of... hacking my own network when I come back at home (sigh) :rolleyes:

Hey, tomorrow, I will try to make WireShark working on the Pandora, I will work any time as possible to succeed it ;) Having this antenna would then be a must have :lol:

If you encounters any trouble with your work, don't hesitate in sending me a mp or in asking help here, but I beg you, do everything in your power to do it ;)

so im waiting for my 8g sd partition to copy. i just plugged the alfa adapter in and dmesg'd it and it picks up the chipset and and everything nice... not i need to look into this driver issue.

as stated yesterday i am hunkered down awaiting the arrival of a hurricane. so as of right now, im sitting in front of my gear, drinking a vodka redbull, and its time to see if i can make the alfa play with the pandora. ill be lurking the forums all day so if you have any questions just pm me. ill also be diving back into alans patches on my new sd card setup. i have a little wep router setup for testing. ive cracked this one with the n900 before so ill see what i can do with the pandora.

my power has been out since 630 saturday morning thanks to hurricane irene!!!! im at work right now, ill get back on this as soon i have power and internet again!!!! which i hope is soon cause i dont have hot water either and the shower is f'ng freezeing!!!!!!!!

LOL "The American Dream" uh :wub:

Good luck, you have my dream in your hands my friend :D

oops, my bad, i didn't do any testing on this stuff, but good to see you getting it working,

sudo opkg update

sudo opkg install libnl-dev

sudo opkg install iw

sudo opkg install libssl1.0.0

seemed to get aircrack running for me from the zip file with the drivers http://www.pwndora.org/blogish/packet-injection/wl1251-june-test.zip

I was hoping to make a much nicer pnd with this stuff actually working, with all the missing libs, and stuff like kismet too (works really nicely!), but things got in the way. I think i'll be a little less busy so might give it another go!

Oh ;( If you have the time, don't hesitate to do it, a lot of people would be so thankful ;)

oops, my bad, i didn't do any testing on this stuff, but good to see you getting it working,

sudo opkg update

sudo opkg install iw

seemed to get aircrack running for me from the zip file with the drivers http://www.pwndora.org/blogish/packet-injection/wl1251-june-test.zip

I was hoping to make a much nicer pnd with this stuff actually working, with all the missing libs, and stuff like kismet too (works really nicely!), but things got in the way. I think i'll be a little less busy so might give it another go!
Make the pnd already :)

I don't understand, is there any change?

sudo opkg update

sudo opkg install iw

seemed to get aircrack running for me from the zip file with the drivers http://www.pwndora.o...1-june-test.zip

hey sorry i vanished on the whole testing thing, work got really crazy for a bit. but im back in the game. now that i have power and internet again i am gonna get back to working with your patches and this crazy plan i have for rtl8187... i wanna get a pandora running jaseger with one of these radios (clipped to my back pack)

(not trying to go off topic, but this work will benefit us ;-)

Back