Sony Ericsson Xperia Play

Wait, I thought the Xperia Play was already able to play custom ISO files!!??? :unsure:
with 3rd party emulator, but the story you are referencing is for the official emulator being modified to run custom ISOs whereas before each title was bundled into the official emulator. And it is done as of today, it is open sourced and released to the public.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1201532

the hack was done to bundle seperate ISOs into a custom executeable similar to the offical ones

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that's really good news. Thanks for helping to clarify all this for me. Will the official emulator eventually run hacked roms?
offically.. i seriously doubt it... no profit for sony

unoffically has already happened.... it has the same problems the pops emulator had on the psp though... graphic glitches and incompatiblity, but got better with each itteration

to add to this - the play is definately a perfect companion/put me on to the Pandora.

Mamedroid (mame4all) runs great and the controls are nearly as good as Pandoras - at the current pay as you go price of £150 its great value!

thought I'd resurrect this thread instead of bringing up the monsterous other ones... but here is the first rumor of the xperia play 2 that seems solid, and a single rumor wasn't justification to start a new thread yet.

http://www.androidce...mong-highlights

Of all the new codenames, the one that jumps out to us is "Atlas", a device which, according to the list, will arrive in September. If you'll allow us to engage in some dangerous and unfounded speculation, we'll point out that "Atlas" is the second Sony phone to carry the codename of an ancient Greek deity. The first, as you may remember, was the Xperia Play, which went by the name of Zeus.

gsmarena_001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm getting an Xperia Play 1 soon! I've been using my jailbroken iphone for emulation on the go lol. Time for an upgrade haha.

For a portable emulator that can do phone stuff there is no better pocketable sollution Imo...

I also own an icp

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Back