Soooooo, is it possible to trade in my silver 1ghz Pandora to get a cheaper Pyra?

lobski

I would totally do this if it was an option. C'mon ED, make this possible! :D

What sort of cost reduction would you expect to see for such a scenario?

Why not sell the Pandora on Ebay or the Forum and put what you get for it towards the cost of the Pyra?

I can get what's in it for you, but what's in it for ED ? He would then have to try to resell your Pandora, change the case to make it new and test it ? 

Honestly, it's not worth it :p

You better sell it on ebay, indeed.

Great idea! i should try and do this with all my purchases from now on!

I've been meaning to upgrade my Slow cooker - perhaps Asda will allow me an upgrade!

Insure it with AllState, and have someone break or steal it, and theyll buy you the new version to reimburse you

I would wait until the Pyra exists before worrying about such things.

But Craig said anyone can send their Pandoras to him now and he will give them discount for the Pyra later. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
But Craig said anyone can send their Pandoras to him now and he will give them discount for the Pyra later.
Craig Also made a video on how to successfully run a kickstarter project. And Jaffa cakes.

I'd say if you can afford it to keep your Pandora.

With ~6000 of these in the wild and production for them coming to an end forever, they'll surely be a worth many times more to tech collectors than what they were initially purchased for. 

With ~6000 of these in the wild and production for them coming to an end forever, they'll surely be a worth many times more to tech collectors than what they were initially purchased for.
Not so sure about that... There's a number of defunct consoles which now trade for almost nothing, even though they were made in small numbers. It's pretty much a lottery, not a general rule.

Not so sure about that... There's a number of defunct consoles which now trade for almost nothing, even though they were made in small numbers. It's pretty much a lottery, not a general rule.
I disagree. The niche factor, the versatility and the number of units, makes the general rule inapplicable with the Pandora. Besides, acquiring batteries shouldn't be too much of an issue with future ownership.

The niche factor, the versatility and the number of units, makes the general rule inapplicable with the Pandora
If the Pyra can do even more than the Pandora I don't see why the Pandora's value would suddenly skyrocket. It does not make any sense.
Why did you assume I had said the Pandora's after production price would skyrocket suddenly? In time it should be collectible like many things do. The newer machine will only help this along as people who see the Pyra will want to know how it all started and...

As a side note to buying a Pyra at a reduced cost, I do remember ED mentioning that any original Pandora preorders left unfulfilled after the last Pandora sells would have the opportunity to get a Pyra at a reduced price (production costs).  I appreciated this offer since I have yet to receive my original Pandora preorder, and I am excited about how the Pyra is coming along.

Source

Back