Sopwith For Wiz

Alex.

Retired
I ported SDL-Sopwith v1.7.1 by Simon Howard. Sopwith is a classic scrolling shoot 'em up developed in the early 1980s by the Canadian firm BMB Compuscience.

sopwith.png

Download Sopwith from the Wiz Archive

The source code is in source.zip, included in the download. I removed unneeded things like multiplayer menu options etc., so you just select Novice or Expert difficulty and jump right in the game. Volume control works, it starts low on purpose to prevent (accidental) deafening.

Thank you very much for this release! It's great to see some classic stuff I started out playing! It works great and I am not def! Thanks for adding that little part for the sound volume. I don't know how many times I pulled my headphones off screaming in pain.

Thank you, you're welcome. I got into Sopwith by playing the GP2X port, I think it's a perfect fit for handhelds.

By the way, let me know if you have suggestions regarding the game's controls.

Alex. said:
By the way, let me know if you have suggestions regarding the game's controls.

Personally I would have pitch up/down as up and down, i always do the wrong direction when im flying left.
Also I would change the expert key as it causes a bomb to drop as soon as the game starts. Maybe difficultly should be something like left and righ shoulders?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back