Sound/Headset Problem

kyxh2o

Still Fresh
Good Morning,

I have a problem with the sound under all os.

I only use Stereo-In-Ear-Headsets, because I can use them for all my devices. At the moment I have two of them, Sennheiser  and Dr.Dre, they both have a key to stop the music and answer an incoming call.

When I use one of them with the pandora, the sound is like in a church, it is in the background, the volume is lower and with echoes. But when I press and hold the  "Pause"-Button, the sound is normal and very good.

Does someone know this problem?

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Are they specifically designed for iProducts? Apple connectors have a couple of pins the wrong way round, which has been known to cause problems.

Can you give more details? Model numbers?

They must be iPhone compatible headphones if they have the call answering button - you'll need to use headphones with a normal 3.5mm stereo jack on them, or find an adaptor to convert the connector on the headphones you're using to normal jack type.

If it clears up when pressing the hold/clear button it's a clear indicator that the headset was designed to accommodate apple products. You can find small adapters online that switch from apple to the industrial standard that the Pandora uses... Most newer android phones can some how use both the BS Apple standard and what is supposed to be THE standard.

Sennheiser PC300 und Dr.Dre Beats 2.

I use it only with HTC- and Samsung-Android-Devices.

Normal headphones don't have the problem, but if they have a microphone, sound is horrible, unless i press and hold the button.

Hmm, but the Sennheiser PC300 aren't designed for any special Apple-Standard, i used them for the last three years in every situation around the world with many many different devices, in airplanes and cars and also in a malaysian toilet with an built-in radio and never was there a problem like this.

they are really everywhere using the apple-standard? 

Not iPhone headphones then, but it's basically the same connection issue as iPhone earphones,the connectors on your headphones are for specific mobile phones rather than standard audio devices, there should be an optional adapter for them so that the additional pins on the jack aren't causing the problem anymore.

If you compare an ordinary earphone jack you'll see it has only 3 connection points on the pin, yours will have more (so two will touch the same point in an ordinary stereo socket).

See here, Samsung/HTC 3.5mm with 4 pinout points

http://pinoutsguide.com/HeadsetsHeadphones/samsung_moment_pinout.shtml

Some HTC/Samsung devices have TV-Out and other connections in the same socket.

Ok, i see, thank you.

The pandora sound is so great, i have no problem to buy good headphones especially for this device, i love it!

The original standard developed before iPhone had this TRRS pinout: Left Audio, Right Audio, Mic, Ground.

Apple iPhone came to be and changed the TRRS pinout to: Left Audio, Right Audio, Ground, Mic.

Due to the popularity of the iPhone that wasn't as dominating back in 2007/08 when the Pandora was coming to be it used what was though as the standard. And most new phones conform to the "Apple" standard.. which I guess is the new standard.

The original standard developed before iPhone had this TRRS pinout: Left Audio, Right Audio, Mic, Ground.

Apple iPhone came to be and changed the TRRS pinout to: Left Audio, Right Audio, Ground, Mic.

Due to the popularity of the iPhone that wasn't as dominating back in 2007/08 when the Pandora was coming to be it used what was though as the standard. And most new phones conform to the "Apple" standard.. which I guess is the new standard.
so no newer headphone with microphone can be used with the pandora?

I just realised the PC300 is described as a 'gaming headset'

Does the connector have more than 3 points on it? I tried to see if there was a mobile version of the PC300 headset, but I can't find any images of the plug!

The brochure does mention mobile phone compatibility, so I would still think the above replies are correct, but -

I could be wrong - if the sennheiser pc300 has two plugs, one for mic and one for earphones, it should have standard 3.5mm jacks with normal 3-point 3.5mm plugs on it?

so no newer headphone with microphone can be used with the pandora?
They can, but only if you use an adapter that prevents the additional connection points causing a problem.

Back