GP32 SPC Player for GP32

Makenshi

Still Fresh
Hey, I'm new to the forums, but I've been a visitor of the site for a long time. Anyway, I was wondering if it would be possible for anyone to port over an SPC Player. For those of you that aren't familiar with what a SPC Player is, it plays music ripped from an SNES rom image ( SPC format ). The music sounds very good, and sounds exactly the same as the game. Of course, that's because it was ripped from the game. So there are full soundtracks of many many games, and they are only around 1.5MB when uncompressed for the whole soundtrack! So imagine listening to music from games like Secret of Mana or Chrono Trigger, and have it take only 3MB of space. There's this one standalone player that was made for Windows 9x, it's called Super Jukebox. It seems to be a very good program.

"A very full-featured player for Windows with excellent handling of large collections. It supports searchable playlists and ZIP/RAR/ACE extraction. It can use either the ZSNES, SNES9x, or SNESAmp SPC700 engines, and it includes its own MCI driver for Windows Media Player. Also of note is a very neat and responsive visualization engine in the player interface. "

Also, you can download the source.

http://superjukebox.zophar.net/

Well, any feedback to this would be great. :D

I've thought about this... it would certainly be cool.

I don't have the programming skills (yet?) to pull this off.

Though the DOS version of the SPC Player (SPCPLAY?) would be much easier to port.

Yeah, even that would be great. I hope someone is able to port it over one day. :D

Back