Spectrum Emulation Fullscreen ?

Cas

I use Fuse for my Spectrum emulation and was wondering is there away with Fuse or another Pandora Spectrum

emulator that will do real fullscreen ?

Fuse shows the same screen as a real Speccy ? 

Of you mean the borders?

Isn`t it something to do with aspect ratio? surely if you make the screen bigger to fill the sides your`ll loose out top and bottom?>>

Last edited by a moderator:
Fuse shows the same screen as a real Speccy ? 

Of you mean the borders?

Isn`t it something to do with aspect ratio? surely if you make the screen bigger to fill the sides your`ll loose out top and bottom?>>
More than likely is an aspect ratio thing, I just wondered.

FUSE displays a 320x240 screen and stretches it while maintaining the aspect ratio - I'd quite like to have a faff about with the source sometime and implement the full speccy resolution (352x296) and also add an option to ignore aspect to fill the screen. Might be a while though :)

The only other alternative would be to port ZXSpin to the Pandora, but that would be quite a job.

D.

Maybe it can be compiled with Winelib ?
ZXSpin? No, doubtful :)

The z80 core is almost pure x86 assembly and is *huge* due to the extremely high level of accuracy for the models it emulates. Then there's the audio (Direct Sound), the video (Direct3D for ease of scaling and overlay effects) with various plugin architectures to support stuff like RPI scalers etc. 

I'm considering working on an emulator that has the same capabilities as ZXSpin but in a portable format, utilising fullscreen mode for a games browser and stuff like that.

D.

The z80 core is almost pure x86 assembly and is *huge* due to the extremely high level of accuracy for the models it emulates. Then there's the audio (Direct Sound), the video (Direct3D for ease of scaling and overlay effects) with various plugin architectures to support stuff like RPI scalers etc. 

I'm considering working on an emulator that has the same capabilities as ZXSpin but in a portable format, utilising fullscreen mode for a games browser and stuff like that.

D.
Ah, ok, it's not just Windows. x86 asm alone requires rewrite. Ok, false good idea...

D.
Ah, ok, it's not just Windows. x86 asm alone requires rewrite. Ok, false good idea...
Not just that - the x86 assembly core relies on flag affection inherited from the x86, as the z80 is an ancestor of modern x86 processors and most maths ops have the same flag behaviour. Translating to ARM or C/C++ would require rewriting the flag affection, which code just doesn't need to exist in the x86 code :(

D.

Back