Split from "Amnesty Please" - Mod Corruption

Timstertoo

Oh so it's good to be bad again?

Sorry, but skirting the line of acceptability and deliberately attempting to push it too far in an attempt to get 'recognition', an inflated sense of Ego, and the pretence of a notorious reputation is just plain juvenile.

The need to do such a thing is indicative of compensation for other deficiencies... The most crude assumption of which, is the size of your family jewels. ;)

Wink wink
Not_sure_if_serious.jpg

You should not take that too serious, but also see it this way:

In most (nearly every single one) of the boards in the Internet,

people are not mainly cencored or deleted, because they break any rules or are overly rude,

but because a mod or admin simply does not like the person.

Hell, I even was banned from a chat and a german board once, because the ex-gf of the admin wanted to f*** me

and I have not even had any interest in her at all and do not have ons anyway out of principle.

I've been censored and thrown from so many boards without trolling even once

(I changed that a bit since, I admit, because if I am thrown out anyway, I want to have earned it at least)

or braking a rule, even without being rude in any way, just because of my opinion.

Getting these points often indeed is a sign of free thinking

and the courage to speek polite but freely. Nearly every single interesting character I got to know

via boards (and later on real) had warning points, blocks, regular bans, etc... without really being destructive.

So yes, often it is a badge of honor, depending on the people that gave it to you.

"Celui qui a les imbéciles contre lui mérite la confiance."

Jean-Paul Sartre
Hear hear!

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Also on this board I found out today after my post got deleted asking politely about the reason after a decision.

Hear hear!

Also on this board I found out today after my post got deleted asking politely about the reason after a decision.
lol,   oh really ?

I made a post in a thread asking for people to stay on topic. I didn't delete any post or give any warnings.

Then you made an off topic post , when I had just asked , as a Mod , for everyone to stay on topic. 

I hid your topic, then politely PM'd you asking you to PM me or another mod if you have any questions about a Mod Official request. Then I politely answered your off topic question in the PM.

Oh yes My Absolute Power has so corrupted me.  I should be thrown out of power and put away for my corruptness and dictatorial qualities.   :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hear hear!

lol, oh really ?

I made a post in a thread asking for people to stay on topic. I didn't delete any post or give any warnings.

Then you made an off topic post , when I had just asked , as a Mod , for everyone to stay on topic.

I hid your topic, then politely PM'd you asking you to PM me or another mod if you have any questions about a Mod Official request. Then I politely answered your off topic question in the PM.

Oh yes My Absolute Power has so corrupted me. I should be thrown out of power and put away for my corruptness and dictatorial qualities. :rolleyes:
Seeing as we're now making private pm's public, which I consider rude, I'll post my reply:

If you are not willing or able to publicly discuss my post that pretty much says it all.

I simply asked two questions, I'll leave it up to you to put them back or not. In the meantime you can use any juvenile smiley and remark as you deam fit.

Seeing as we're now making private pm's public, which I consider rude, I'll post my reply:

If you are not willing or able to publicly discuss my post that pretty much says it all.

I simply asked two questions, I'll leave it up to you to put them back or not. In the meantime you can use any juvenile smiley and remark as you deam fit.
And I answered your questions in a Private Pm as was fitting. 

You made it public by immaturely ranting about how you were oh so abused in this Forum. 

As such I then had the right to respond to your baseless accusations. 

But then we will be accused of Mod abuse again.  

Can't seem to win.

And I answered your questions in a Private Pm as was fitting.

You made it public by immaturely ranting about how you were oh so abused in this Forum.

As such I then had the right to respond to your baseless accusations.
Private? You just posted the 'private' PM without posting the original questions.

You sir appear to be a hypocrite and this discussion is over as far as I'm concerned. By all means post any other smart response you like.

Private? You just posted the 'private' PM without posting the original questions.

You sir appear to be a hypocrite and this discussion is over as far as I'm concerned. By all means post any other smart response you like.
Apparently you can't reason things out.

You asked an off topic question. 

I hid it because it was off topic.

I answered it in a private pm.

You came into another thread and basically said that Mod's are corrupt because of what they did to you in the other thread.

I defended my actions as a Mod.

You can't just see that you were wrong and let it go. 

Seems simple to me. 

Now go ahead and respond if you want and then I'll abuse my authority and lock this up   :)

Don't lock it down.  Let Timstertoo a chance to explain.  This thread is already off topic at the first page :)

Don't lock it down. Let Timstertoo a chance to explain. This thread is already off topic at the first page :)
As long as Hailrazer isn't willing to reinstate and answer my two simple and totally benign questions any response by me is irrelevant. Even this one.

They were off topic in any thread but helpful when answered in any thread to understand policy.

Really not a big deal but a huge sign of weakness by hiding such a little deal.

Rules are rules. Off topic posts are removed or moved.

If you want to start a new thread and ask questions go right ahead.

Timstertoo, calm down Bro.  I'm not taking any sides, but IMHO, the difference between this forum and others is the fact that mods here do their jobs and they do them well.  Otherwise, this is just another www (wild wild west).  I think hailrazer was kind and wanted to deal with the issue privately with you and that was why he PMed you.  I don't think he had any evil intention or disrespected you in any way.  He doesn't get pay to be a mod.  And no mod gets paid afaik.  So there's no reason for them to get into an argument or conflict.  Their family is more important, but this just shows their dedication to the OpenPandora forum.  So take a deep breath and enjoy your pandora :)

What were the two questions then?
Hailrazer said people were off topic and trolling and I only asked what was off topic and what was trolling. Nothing more ,nothing less. Simple request to better understand policy.

Also Shenmue, which Pandora would that be?

In my mod-days, I always stated reasons for any action quite precisely, I wonder why this seems to be so difficult. oO

I have gotten death threats back then anyway, lol.

In my mod-days, I always stated reasons for any action quite precisely, I wonder why this seems to be so difficult. oO

I have gotten death threats back then anyway, lol.
I have no idea, especially as the thread was about Craig selling Pandoras behind the back of pre orders. I'm still waiting in Craigs queue and thus a stakeholder in that discussion. I really didn't see why the posts above his warning were off topic and/or trolling.

So as far as I'm concerned they were removed on personal preferation. Not being willing or able to publicly defend or even just explain your actions says it all. Agressive PMs about who,and who not you think you are answerable to also btw.

Also PMing me that it's the rules to remove off topic and trolling is not an answer to my questions.

That someone doesn't like a post or is done with a certain discussion doesn't make it off topic or trolling for the rest. Especially trolling is a much overused term around here lately. A sort of catch all term to moderate anything you don't like what you read from your own paradigm.

This is turning out much bigger then it was intended. I simply wanted to know what was considered off topic and trolling so I could understand and at least be aware of it when it happens.

A simple answer instead of removing, dodging, overshouting and trying to ridicule me would have been, and still is, sufficient.

Moved Off Topic Posts here for everyone to continue this delightful discussion of how bad Mods are.

Let me re-cap.

My actions:

1. Ask politely for members to stay on topic.

2. Hide one post made AFTER my request,  that was off topic.

3. Send a polite PM explaining my actions as is appropriate but not required.

4. Got told because of those actions Mods are corrupt.

5. Defended myself.

6. Had to once again split/move off topic comments.

I've had a lot of fun with this but now I have a family and real stuff to handle.  Have fun   :)

Moved Off Topic Posts here for everyone to continue this delightful discussion of how bad Mods are.

Let me re-cap.

My actions:

1. Ask politely for members to stay on topic.

2. Hide one post made AFTER my request,  that was off topic.

3. Send a polite PM explaining my actions as is appropriate but not required.

4. Got told because of those actions Mods are corrupt.

5. Defended myself.

6. Had to once again split/move off topic comments.

I've had a lot of fun with this but now I have a family and real stuff to handle.  Have fun   :)

Sounds to me like you need a new approach,  since this one not only doesn't work, it seems to be generating more off-topic posts than it prevents.

I would recommend:

1)  Let people post off topic stuff if they feel so inclined.  

2)  If the off-topic stuff starts derailing a thread, move it off to it's own thread.

As best I can tell this is what the other mods do, and it seems to work quite well.

- Neelix

Back