Squidgesnes 0.34

dave19711998

Still Fresh
Yo dudes. Just to let you know the new version of the SNES emulator is out.

Here's the details of the web site.

SquidgeSNES 0.34
January 22nd, 2006

* Sound support
* Improved graphics compatibility
* Battery monitor
* Automatic SRAM save/load
* Save state support (only one per rom at the moment)
* Vsync toggle
* FPS limiter
* Configurable frame skip
* Updated menu system
* and the rest I forget :)

go to the link for the snes emu and then click on his web site. Once it has loaded, there is some thing about the latest version on Squidgesnes on the right.

hope that helps. the roms now need to be placed in roms\snes and not with the emulator.

Does the sound adition affect games' fps that much? Has anyone noticed anything?

This is great news.

Unplayable at the moment in my eyes, but christ this emulator is coming on fast, every version just gets better and better. Awesome work mate.

hope that helps. the roms now need to be placed in roms\snes and not with the emulator.

It's configurable, but by default, it uses /roms/snes rather than the roms directory with the executable in.
Just wanted to congratulate you on a fantastic piece of work, Squidge. All the more so when one considers the funky ways that SNES coders put the console to work for various games. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

It's configurable, but by default, it uses /roms/snes rather than the roms directory with the executable in.

So I'm an idiot. I forgot that I was on a differnt web site that took me to his web site. Here's the address.

http://www.squidgey.plus.com/squidgesnes.zip

Sorry for being stupid.

Unplayable at the moment in my eyes, but christ this emulator is coming on fast, every version just gets better and better. Awesome work mate.

?? How exactly? Have you tried for example mario world at FS1 with sound on, at about 230mhz? How is it unplayable? Its full speed. At 266mhz its way above full speed.

ive only tryed super mario all stars and tetris attack im glad to say i can actualy start a game of mario 3 without it crashing and dieing also tetris attack is alot more playable keep up the good work man as soon as i can play those games full speed with sound i will be donateing :D

Works great with sound on but turning sound off seems to either make it slower than it was with the sound on or the whole game runs to fast.

All testing was done with Mario World, FS2, 200Mhz.

Bugs so far:
Doesnt like it if any chances are made in options, You need to quit the emu and reload else the fps will drop majorly

Cant get it to run right without the audio processor enabled, runs to fast. Tried FPS limiter, which makes it twice as slow. Also tried vsync which didnt help.

Lots of changes in this release, just takes time to iron out the bugs I guess.

Works great with sound on but turning sound off seems to either make it slower than it was with the sound on or the whole game runs to fast.

All testing was done with Mario World, FS2, 200Mhz.

Bugs so far:
Doesnt like it if any chances are made in options, You need to quit the emu and reload else the fps will drop majorly

Cant get it to run right without the audio processor enabled, runs to fast. Tried FPS limiter, which makes it twice as slow. Also tried vsync which didnt help.

Lots of changes in this release, just takes time to iron out the bugs I guess.

hahahah are you complaining that its doesnt work properly WITHOUT sound hahhahahhah

great work squidge seriously you didnt even start this that long ago from first release now to sound :eek:

once i get my paypal sorted your definetly getting a donation great work

I have the same issues as DynaMight (I presume everyone does), but damn this emulator is coming along fast. This release is actually a lot more playable than I thought it would be, and is certainly looking good going forward. Good work Squidge!!!

I guess now comes the hard part--optimizing the code while still adding compatibility.

Back