Status Of Gpsp / Openttd For The Gp2x

zodttd

Solving your premature emulation since the Tapwave
Website
www.zodttd.com
Hi everyone,

Here's the current status of these two projects:

gpSP:
Work is still being planned for gpSP. I spoke recently to Exophase. His GP2X landed up having a SD Card slot defect and it wasn't able to be fixed. He is still wanting to finish up this project, as would I. Maybe if he will see this thread it will motivate him to use the USB Storage functionality. ;P ...If he doesn't complete a dynarec for gpSP, I'll do my best to see that I finish it. I'm also hoping for future updates to be put into gpSP for the GP2X. So Exophase has just been busy and imho not motivated enough to get the dynarec started. It'll get done one way or another soon. :)

OpenTTD:
Expect a release shortly for the GP2X. Adding music support. :)
---
For PocketPC and Smartphone users who like Transport Tycoon Deluxe or just tycoon games in general, check out my beta here: http://www.esoftinteractive.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1570
Also keep in mind eSoft Interactive gives their commercial beta testers free versions of their games so you if you want to beta test for eSoft's PocketPC / Palm / Smartphone products, send me a PM with what you will be testing with and I'll submit the list of potential beta testers to eSoft's lead. :)
---

Hi everyone,

Here's the current status of these two projects:

gpSP:
Work is still being planned for gpSP. I spoke recently to Exophase. His GP2X landed up having a SD Card slot defect and it wasn't able to be fixed. He is still wanting to finish up this project, as would I. Maybe if he will see this thread it will motivate him to use the USB Storage functionality. ;P ...If he doesn't complete a dynarec for gpSP, I'll do my best to see that I finish it. I'm also hoping for future updates to be put into gpSP for the GP2X. So Exophase has just been busy and imho not motivated enough to get the dynarec started. It'll get done one way or another soon. :)

---

Ok thanks. I wonder why he is not motivated, doesn't he like the GP2X at all or is it because it is busted? Couldn't it be replaced from the person that sent it to him? It figures that the guy that could have made a full speed GBA emu ends up with a duff unit ;) They should have TESTED it before sending.

I tried his GBA emu on my PSP and it is incredible. If it werent for the blurry ghosty stretchy screen I would just use that. I loaded it up on my GP2X and it looks great on that screen, no ghosting, no blurring, no stretching. Image size on the GP2X at 1:1 is not even that much smaller than a real GBA screen and close to the size of GBA running on a DS screen. The image on GP2X is about 2.5" and a GBA is about 2.8". I think on a DS it is like 2.6"

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't find the stupid GBA BIOS and don't have the hardware to get it off of mine. I really want to try this.

Google for it or use your favorite Pirate2Pirate warezmule program.

You aren't missing much at this stage though. It is slow, many games don't work, and the sound is very stuttery. It does show alot of promise for a quick unoptimised port though. You may have seen how far the CPS2 emu ported from the psp has come. The first version was a choppy mess and had no sound. Now it is smooth and full speed w/sound. If the GBA emu improves as much as that it would be full speed w/sound as well. The GP2X seems to handle ports of psp 2d emus pretty well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the update. Hopefully Exophase will get a new unit soon. Looking forward to the new version of OpenTTD as well.

Thank you zodTTD. The community is looking forward to your achievements.

Hey Thanks for the news and updates Zodttd :) .

I Just bought a 2Gb Sd Card and Am only waiting for this Emu to have all GBA games in my hand :D .

Good Luck!!!!

I guess I am happy that the project hasn't been abandoned. This emulator showed great promise, and I think it is exactly what the GP2x needs to get the scene rolling on a roller-coaster again :D

I for one, am looking quite eagerly for this emu, because it will allow me to put my GBA to rest.

I would also like to thank Exophase for his effort, and hope he will get his GP2x fixed asap.

My thanks also extend to Zodtt, not only for GPSP & OpenTTD but for everything he has done for the GP2x scene. Thanks man!

Thanks for the kind words everyone! :)

I'm still thinking through gpSP. In the meantime, check out the news section for the TTD2X release just made. :)

Back