Steam Deck (using SteamOS) handheld by Valve

PowerGod

Forum Addict!
A hub with HDMI out? I can't see a way of making that without containing most of a computer inside the hub.
usb-c hubs have everything, from RJ45 to HDMI, and you can even use a hub port to recharge the main pc... as silly as it is

matzesu

Forum Addict!
Staff member
I think i will make some Videos on this thing as far as it arrived (im still on this 5 € Que to make a Preeorder)

I wonder: as its based on a Linux System, is there also this Lutris available to play some GOG or other Games?

matzesu

Forum Addict!
Staff member
So this means when Lutris works, i could run Rigs of Rods? So this thing might be much more usefull than just a Steam Game Player.. Have a lot of Games from GOG..

matzesu

Forum Addict!
Staff member
Congratiolations ^^

I wonder if there are some Streaming Service Players for the Steam Deck, as it might be then much more usefull..
So Netflix, Amazon, Disney, Chrunshyroll.. Youtube should work allready..

So i could take it in the Garden and watch some Anime or play Beam NG Drive or something..

ClockworkCoder

Chaotic Neutral
I wonder if there are some Streaming Service Players for the Steam Deck, as it might be then much more usefull..
So Netflix, Amazon, Disney, Chrunshyroll.. Youtube should work allready
I don't think there are specific streaming apps, but as it's Linux, then I'm assuming that you can run a browser for those things in desktop mode (not sure how that's activated on the Deck yet)

matzesu

Forum Addict!
Staff member
On my normal Linux, you need a special extension for Chromium to run DRM Stuff, i ditnt this to run on the ARM Based Computers yet, but maybe on the Steamdeck there should be a bit more stuff running..

ClockworkCoder

Chaotic Neutral
I always thought CrunchyRoll ran in (FireFox) without anything special loaded; I'm sure my wife still watches it ok in FireFox on Ubuntu. Don't know re Netflix.

matzesu

Forum Addict!
Staff member
Would make sense to had the Steam Deck OS DRM Friendly, so maybe the Steam Deck Linux got some adjustments, which also leads to some special features like Streaming Services running..