Stella Gp2x And Pitfall Ii

Website
Visit site
I think Stella is one of the best emu for the GP2X, but I still can't play Pitfall II on it (I know there are other version for other emus, but I'm interested in the 2600 one).

Will it be possible or there are insormountable limits ?

weirdocollector posted on May 23 2006 at 11:20 AM said:
I think Stella is one of the best emu for the GP2X, but I still can't play Pitfall II on it (I know there are other version for other emus, but I'm interested in the 2600 one).

I am not sure if its possible or not. But the snag seems to be that the 2600 Pitfall II cart uses extra built in sound hardware that might be hard to emulate. But hey, what do I know, I am not a programmer ... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
weirdocollector posted on May 23 2006 at 05:20 AM said:

Hi, it's been a while since I've posted. I'm the GP2X port maintainer of Stella and as far as I know, the lead developers are working on this issue (and have been for quite some time). It runs slow because there is some extra hardware emulation that takes place specifically for Pitfall 2. Unfortunately, this is something that plagues Stella across the board (in just about every other port as well). Steve and Bradford believe it is a manageable issue, but I can't give you specifics on what or when the changes will take place. For what it's worth, just know that we are aware of this and it is in the works. As always, thanx for using Stella. Without loyal fans, we wouldn't be here. ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
Back