Sterm 0.3 Usb Keyboard Shinanigens.

clone

Still Fresh
Website
www.clonestyle.com
Alright, I have a USB keyboard attached to a break out board. The BoB is running from a 300ma/3v supply.
The keyboard seems to work, I can use the cursors to move about the main GP2X menu[but not any of the sub-menus!]. I have the USB host enabled, as well as the human interface and storage sub-options. The red and corrisponding green usb light on the BoB are lit up as they should be.

I start sterm from the utilities menu, it is being run off the SD card, not nand. I can type fine with the Virtual Keyboard. I press some keys on my USB keyboard. Letters appear in a grey-ish text, and have no impact upon the execution of commands typed on the virtual keyboard. A set of characters will appear when I press a key, and another set appears when I release the key.....

Wondering if any of you have had this problem, and if so, is there a fix?
note: not tried my keyboard out with any other software yet.... So it could be a keyboard issue.

Here is a "screenshot". Hope it helps...
s8000081.jpg

Also, can you suggest other software /w keyboard support that I may try, to see if this is a keyboard issue?
Thanks for any help.

EDIT:
keyboard works with gp2x-gpe! I suppose to solve this problem I'll need to play around as much as I can, failing that, look into the sterm 0.3 source code.

Back