Still trying to get the survey results

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Just a quick follow up of what's happening right now:

I've requested the survey results once more from Craig and will keep reminding him via eMail to send it to me.
I can't do much without that list, but am still hoping I'll get it at some time.

However, what's a bit weird in my opinion is this page on GBAX.com:

http://gbax.com/pandoraswapshop.shtml

He's swapping a limited number of Pandoras for other stuff there.

He's offering CC units, a few Rebirth units and new 1GHz units.

Well, the only NEW 1GHz units I've ever sent him were the ones for the 1GHz preorders... so if he really got stock, I'd be a bit sceptical about that.

However, he also has no Pandora stock left on his main site, so I guess this page is some leftover and he doesn't really have units.

It's all a bit weird, to be honest.

I'll still do the best for you I can, but Craigs recent behavior regarding his remaining Pandora customers and new iControlPad2 customers is pretty much annoying, in my opinion.

Well, I'll keep you informed!

Maybe he plans to buy those 1GHz from you ED when he gets orders. Lets hope so anyway, otherwise what you are fearing would be bad indeed.

In regards to normal Pandoras, I know he mentioned he had enough returns to put together (and is selling) about 100 Pandoras, he probably has sold about 15 so far on Gbax

On a different note, As everyone has mentioned numerous times, you need to call him or Skype him.  Email makes it to easy to avoid communicating.

Last edited by a moderator:
On a different note, As everyone has mentioned numerous times, you need to call him or Skype him.  Email makes it to easy to avoid communicating.
Won't work, believe me.

Even with phone calls or Skype, it wouldn't change anything. He'd promise to send the survey to me the next days which simply would not happen.

Nothing changes here, and there is nothing we have to talk about on the phone as well.

The plan has been setup pretty clear, he only has to follow it.

I really hate to say this but maybe it's time to just throw him to the wolves. I know you really really wanted to do the right thing and make sure that everyone that contributed got what they paid for but that can only happen with Craig's support and it seems like he's just not willing to play that game. If he isn't willing to work with you, as harsh as it may be, it may just be time to give up on the past and start looking forward. You're in the clear, start turning Pandoras into actual profit so that a year or so from now you'll have a sizeable chunk of change for your own spiritual successor.

If anyone complains they are free to take it up with Craig personally. I've been a strong advocate against people taking any sort of legal action because I know that that would simply mean no one else in Craig's queue would get a Pandora, but that outcome seems to be getting more likely every day regardless of what anybody does. So nuts to him. Get whatever you can out of him, send out as many units now as possible, and then cut the ties and if people want to go after GBAX I don't see any reason to stop them.

I really hate to say this but maybe it's time to just throw him to the wolves. I know you really really wanted to do the right thing and make sure that everyone that contributed got what they paid for but that can only happen with Craig's support and it seems like he's just not willing to play that game. If he isn't willing to work with you, as harsh as it may be, it may just be time to give up on the past and start looking forward. You're in the clear, start turning Pandoras into actual profit so that a year or so from now you'll have a sizeable chunk of change for your own spiritual successor.

If anyone complains they are free to take it up with Craig personally. I've been a strong advocate against people taking any sort of legal action because I know that that would simply mean no one else in Craig's queue would get a Pandora, but that outcome seems to be getting more likely every day regardless of what anybody does. So nuts to him. Get whatever you can out of him, send out as many units now as possible, and then cut the ties and if people want to go after GBAX I don't see any reason to stop them.
thanks much, but in a country without any class action I am simply screwed with no option to do anything against him... that's nice to know that people who paid exactly the same amount as us have their pandora for years and that we are simply screwed.. thanks...

thanks much, but in a country without any class action I am simply screwed with no option to do anything against him... that's nice to know that people who paid exactly the same amount as us have their pandora for years and that we are simply screwed.. thanks...
The problem is we aren't responsible for Craig screwup. I'm one of ED's pre-orderer, when he opened the upgrades to GHz pandoras, I got one hoping it would help injecting some money into production. Many of us also donated money to fund pandora upgrades… I think we, as a community, do our best to help pandoras getting in the hands of their rightful owner.

ED is doing his max, he really want to deliver pandoras to every pre-orderer, but he needs the informations to plan the production and to know where to send the pandoras.

If Craig keep the informations to himself, keep selling pandoras at dirt cheap prices without proposing them to his pre-orderers, keep silent even when getting many contact attempts (phone, mail, whatever), … it won't help. (Right now, he is completely off the radar, he doesn't even answer to the massive flack he is getting on kickstarter… I really don't know what is in his mind, but he should get that sorted fast.)

I really hope that he will stop to do information retention, that we can sort the situation for the best.

But I think you should also be prepared for the worst, knowing Craig  :unsure:

^ +1  it will probably work out  someday.... somehow....

Do we know that Craigx is actually sending the units he got from ED to preorders? Usually I wouldn't doubt that, but its really really strange going against solving the issue. I'm worried that something got wrong and he's trying to cover it up. Well, theres no prove so don't get wild about that idea!

I think its probably the best  to stop sending units to Craigx for now. Not to screw him but to make him hand over the survey and come clean!

[…] Do we know that Craigx is actually sending the units he got from ED to preorders? […]
ED delivers directly the pandoras to Craig's pre-orderers. No pandora goes anymore to Craig AFAIKEDIT : I think that the pandora he was selling where refurbished ones he made from the parts he had forgot in his workshop/guest room or something.

I'm worried that something got wrong and he's trying to cover it up.
I think that's what he's been doing for quite a long time :unsure:

and that's a good idea since preorder where not proposed his refurbished pandora at all... he prefer to earn money with theses it seems

http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php/topic/13601-has-anybody-received-a-pandora-from-the-original-first-batch-queue-in-the-last-few-weeks/#entry257828

ED has been sending CC PCBs to Craig recently. In that thread, I was concerned Craig might sell those instead of sending them to preorders as agreed. Hopefully, the ones on sale didn't include the ones ED sent, but we can't be sure.

And withholding the list is suspicious. Even if ED sends Pandoras directly to the preorders, in the worst case Craig could be selling new preorders behind our backs, and giving ED the newer orders to ship rather than the older ones.

And withholding the list is suspicious. Even if ED sends Pandoras directly to the preorders, in the worst case Craig could be selling new preorders behind our backs, and giving ED the newer orders to ship rather than the older ones.
Theoretically yes - but I don't think that's the case, except for maybe a handful of units.

If he would be doing this big-style, there would've been some preorder at the board here who would've shed some light on it.

Besides, he couldn't give a delivery date to those preorders...

So I doubt that's what's happening.

I don't know why you're getting so sarcastic at me. What do you expect him to do, just sit around waiting for Craig to trickle some entirely unknown number of names and addresses to him so he can clean up a mess that is not his responsibility? I know it sucks but it can't go on like this forever, ED needs to get on with his own business at some point. Asking him to sit on his profits on the off chance that Craig might one day finally deliver a list that is almost certainly longer than originally anticipated is ludicrous.

What would be your suggestion? What should be done? By whom? And how?

If the list isnt sent then it may be curtains for remaining pre orderers.

Still i dont believe craig is dishonest per se but disorganized and maybe prone to mood swings as has sometimes been said.

You know, I remember a while back (I think on these forums) Craig made an offhand remark describing himself as "unemployable". It's not hard to see why, and being self-employed hasn't made the situation any better.

It may be a good idea to stop sending any more pre-orders to his customers until you're completely sure what the situation is. There should not be even a bit of doubt, and "except for maybe a handful of units" sounds like you have some doubt.

I can be the procrastinating type too, and sometimes nothing helps shake that off more than some genuine coercion/pressure. I may hate it but the work gets done, and it can even be a relief afterwards.

Also, maybe some sales are not being done online but in Craig's local area, off the grid. How would anyone know?

Perhaps stop sending units to preorders until the full list arrives, but sit on that money and spend it on shipping units to people on the list if/when ED gets it.

If Craig continues to be as opaque as he is now, then use that money to develop a Pandora-sucessor?

I am just so very confused at why he has not given this list to ED. Was that not the ENTIRE purpose of that damn survey? Does he not realize that if he gives ED this list he is effectively quit of this whole situation? At this point all he can do is hinder the process. His help is not needed or requested. ED took over production and is trying to do right by people he has no obligation to serve and Schmucky McGee over there can't do a tiny bit of work so that we will leave him alone forever?! I think we all know the list is longer than he has been claiming but that DOES NOT MATTER NOW AND SILENCE WILL NOT FIX ANYTHING!

As someone who would get screwed by Craig walking I cannot in good conscience suggest that ED send a single god forsaken unit to Craig or his customers (fuck me right?) without that friggin list... For better or worse I just want this story to be over...

Sorry for the shout text... I have no-one to complain to but myself and you lovely folks and it is very cathartic. 

-Kcilorak

RIP Original 2008 preorder I guess. I really want to trust Craig but if he can't even mail the bloody survey that was supposed to resolve this... I mean come on, he's claiming to sell 1GHz units for about as much as I originally paid.

Will be sending a refund request within a week. Investigating legal action if he doesn't reply to that in a month. This has gone on long enough for me. 4.5 years.

Back