Stream browser

lingenfr

I didn't want to grave dig and pull up an old thread, but is there a stream browser (icecast, shoutcast, etc.) that will allow you to open the stream in Deadbeef? I tried using FF and setting DB to open files of type m3u, but no joy. I've previously used streamtuner (now streamtuner2) on linux and it is fine. Not married to it if there is something similar. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
As the only thing in the repo close to what I was looking was radiotray, I tried that. While it is a useful app, it would be great to see a dynamic rather than a static browser and to have the browser decoupled from the player such that the browser could launch a player to play the stream. I am still hopeful that someone will take a look at streamtuner2 for porting.

Also, as I posted radiotray won't launch from the XFCE menu on the first try. After one launch from terminal, it seems to work.

I think audacious has an icecast plugin. Not sure if it is activated in the Pandora version though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. The way it is going, by the time I get setup up for all my normal use, I will have 10 audio players, each with a single purpose. I wanted to use Deadbeef, but it won't output via BT (and so on...).

Back