Streaming video on Pandora?

agwellin

Still Fresh
It may sound silly, but whether or not I decide to buy a Pandora depends heavily on how well it handles streaming video, particularly Youtube.

I ask because the few things I've heard about this do not sound very good. If I buy one today, would I be able to watch Flash video, or would I need to install something else? And if I do need to install something else, how well does that thing work?

The main problems are to do with flash. Firefox itself can run flash fine, but Firefox is itself slow to load. The lighter-weight browsers do not support flash (yet).

Really, I'd say flash-based video streaming isn't there yet on the Pandora, but it should be before too much longer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Firefox is itself slow to load.

Yeah, that was what I'd heard. I wouldn't want to be pausing every video at the start and letting it load :/

As someone who is NOT a quality junkie, do youtube's 240px resolution videos load well?* If it could at least do that, that would be fine for the time being.

*I know that would depend on my connection as well blah blah blah. Just asking in general.

WizardStan also got 240p running here, using the flash plugin. Apparently it works very well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mini tube works just fine for me as long as you dont choose a video with higher resolution 240p 360p work ok.

Back