Stretch video in Panplayer?

Foxgod

I have a couple of video's that stutter in VLC, so i decided to play them in Panplayer instead.

In panplayer these videos run perfect without stuttering, however the video's are in 4:3 and display black borders on the side.

Is there any way to stretch 4:3 to 16:9 in panplayer?

I was unable to find an option for this.

I don't understand how people can stand distorted stretched games/videos..

I guess I'm just crazy like that, wanting my game characters in proper proportions..

And yes SMPlayer2 is great..

Last edited by a moderator:
They dont play in SMplayer, does it support OGM/MKV files?

@TrashyMG, some people are more sensitive to aspect ratio and less to black bars, while others like me are not and hate black bars.

It has something to do with the way the human brains process its information.

Edit

NVM, i changed the driver for SMplayer to SDL, it works fine now, tnx :)

Edit2, going back to VLC, il look for a different version of the animes that run slowly, the ones that lag are very heavy encodes, il get some lighter ones.

SMplayer is very promising, but configuring it gives me an headache as the menu falls behind the video when you mess with the aspect ratio, and if you stop the video you cant change the ratio.....

@TrashyMG, some people are more sensitive to aspect ratio and less to black bars, while others like me are not and hate black bars.

Edit

Edit2, going back to VLC, il look for a different version of the animes that run slowly, the ones that lag are very heavy encodes, il get some lighter ones.

SMplayer is very promising, but configuring it gives me an headache as the menu falls behind the video when you mess with the aspect ratio, and if you stop the video you cant change the ratio.....

Are you by chance using SMPlayer instead of SMPlayer2? SMPlayer2 uses omapfb as the default video output driver, which does not have the problems you describe with menus appearing behind the video.

Edit

Are you by chance using SMPlayer instead of SMPlayer2? SMPlayer2 uses omapfb as the default video output driver, which does not have the problems you describe with menus appearing behind the video.

I use Smplayer2, but il give it another go with the omapfb driver, see what i get out of it, tnx.

It works a lot better now with the omapFB filter, tnx for the sugestion.

Still one minor issue tho, when i use the auto zoom feature the zoom is increased to 1.4 which fills the entire screen, but instead of really zooming the video it just adds green borders.

Zooming up to 1.0 works fine, if you zoom beyond 1.0 however, with the e or w keys, the edges become green, same as when using auto zoom to zoom beyond 1.0.

Is there any way to get this to work correctly without showing green bars?

Btw, is smplayer2 more stable?

By default the SMplayer is selected in the preferences, but as soon as i select Smplayer2 and restart the application becomes very unstable.

Such as it taking ages to load the preferences screen, and lots of problems with resizing the screen.

Back