Stylus Requests

icurafu

The Hallucinogenic Elf
Website
gamesreborn.blogspot.com
I wanted to create a thread for people to request ports or updates for games or applications that were never requested as they require a mouse or were shot down.

I'll start with a game I wanted to port a long time ago. (When I was still interested in porting)

Abuse-SDL

http://www.happypenguin.org/show?Abuse-SDL

abuse-sdl.jpg

It's a typical platformer that uses a mouse to aim the gun. One of the best games from the mid 90s.

I've got a few other requests, so I'll request them in good time. I'm interested to see how we can extend the software of the GP2X based on the new feature.

Ultima7 - Exult

I think Exult is a port that has been done well even without a mouse. But it would be a lot better with a touchscreen. I got a few hours into Ultima7 but gave up.

Currently I'm playing the PocketPC version which really improves on the game based on using the stylus. Anyone updating the GP2X port can use this code.

Ultima%207%20Part%20Two%20-%20Serpent%20Isle5.png

rokdcasbah said:
off-topic: i can't play that ultima because the perspective bothers me. :( am i the only one?
I find that too, it's very disorientating... And just... wrong looking! :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
gemRB was the first thing to come to my mind, the only problem is that it's still in development, so apart from porting it would also require finishing.

emphy said:
gemRB was the first thing to come to my mind, the only problem is that it's still in development, so apart from porting it would also require finishing.
I was thinking about this one, but I don't think it will run on QVGA. Maybe this one is better for the Craiginator considering the system requirements as well.

Actually, I saving Torment for gemRB on a handheld. I never got around to playing it.

Baldur's_Gate_Cloakwood_Forest_GemRB_0.2.4_Linux.png

icurafu said:
Ultima7 - Exult

I think Exult is a port that has been done well even without a mouse. But it would be a lot better with a touchscreen. I got a few hours into Ultima7 but gave up.

Currently I'm playing the PocketPC version which really improves on the game based on using the stylus. Anyone updating the GP2X port can use this code.

Ultima%207%20Part%20Two%20-%20Serpent%20Isle5.png

Indeed, Exult with a stylus would be amazing !

My F200 touchscreen function wishlist

Gmenu2X (tap-tap-play)

Emulators: (mouse emulation and better keyboard usage)

OutcaST (can't wait!)
UAE4ALL

Bebeem
Frodo2X
Vice2X
GP2X-MSX
Gp2xpectrum
and more!

Homebrew (touchscreen gives improved, faster more intuitive gameplay)

Airplyr
Boomshine
Squares
Sleuth Slots
Battlejewels
Blingo
Chess2X
Enigma
Hex-a-hop
Poker2X
Tilematch (that would be my first pick :) )
Sqdef
TTD2X
Mahjong
Scummvm

Apps

Enexfi
GP2X-Write
Greader2X
STerm

New port

zipce http://www.geocities.com/zipceppc

I'm sure i forgot a few ;)

Beeing able to play Ultima 7 with the stylus would be really, really great!
And ScummVM of course.

By the way, I don't have a PocketPC, so I would grate you a lot if you could explain me as detailed as possible how is Exult's stylus control on PocketPC.

I mean, how does it simulate left and right clicks? Do you need any additional button to walk? Is the pointer (green/red arrow or hand) showed on the screen?

Every detail will be useful to try to find the best implementation possible :)

Thanks a lot and excuse me if I haven't explained too well on English :unsure:

ScummVM has touchscreen support, I noticed it on gp32spain a couple days ago ;)

I hope to get my gp2x-F200 soon and get some of my ports upto speed... freesci should hopefully benefit nicely (especially if I can figure out how to use the stylus for the virtual keyboard)

Sorry Puck. The PPC version has some issues on my PDA. It stops for 5 seconds every 30 seconds. (Depending on how fast I walk) So I deleted it. The PDA version brings up a mini keyboard when you press one of the buttons, this button can change modes that change how the stylus works. This gives options but I don't think the guy nailed it. It takes too much thinking for the user to configure it right.

I'll try and find some instructions for use on the forums or user manual.

Anyway, it must have taken a lot to get the GP2X running as well as it does.

Is it possible to use two different styluses for (LMB)Left Mouse Button and (RMB)Right Mouse Button??? (Joking of cource)

Back