Success : tv-out cable

JeFF

However, the XFCE menu just doesn't show up on my tv. Anything wrong? I got lots of apps showing on the screen, but on the menu, only a black screen.

Ideas?

I can throw pics if wanted !

No idea.

Throw ^^.

Which Zaxxon version are you using ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Which means? Also, on SzxB3 every video players which I've tried resulted into a green screen. Btw, I now get the XFCE menu, dunno why :p

Currently it's done by making your own or having someone else do it for you.

oh : I did the cable here at home, using an Ext connector & TinyBob from www.ithic.com

Easier to solder on the tinybob then directly on the connector, which is small as hell

I soldered on to the connector directly, drained the connections in hot glue and put some shinking tube around it. Seems to secure it well :)

I soldered on to the connector directly, drained the connections in hot glue and put some shinking tube around it. Seems to secure it well :)

You have better vision than I do, I could barely focus on the pins.. so TinyBob for people with bad eyes...

Thats what magnifying glasses are for :)

Edit: But of course, you are right. TinyBobs make your life much easier here.

oh : I did the cable here at home, using an Ext connector & TinyBob from www.ithic.com

Easier to solder on the tinybob then directly on the connector, which is small as hell

Is there anyone on the forum (UK based) selling these items?

I'd also need something for connecting the output to my TV which doesn't have S-Video. I can choose from HDMI, Scart or composite which of those can I use to get the best quality?

^ Well, you outright cannot use HDMI, so that's out. ;)

Some TVs will accept S-Video + RCA audio over SCART using a cheap adapter (note: You can get them for less than this - this is just to show what'd be needed), but getting a good picture from this is seemingly never guaranteed for all European TVs (I gather that this is because S-Video is bastardised from the SCART standard somehow, and thus is often not supported properly, but please correct me if I'm wrong). If this is the case, you'll have no choice but to use composite. :p

Of the two actually available, S-Video is a slight step down in quality from SCART (and not all European TVs can deal with it), and composite is a step down again. To be honest, though, the Pandora's composite output is actually quite nice if you've got a comb-filter built into, or hooked up to, your TV. I go with that, since the TV I tend to use my Pandora with can't handle S-Video properly (it looks godawful).

For a moment i have hoped on a message by ED annuncing the release of TV-OUT cablefor every customer.... :mellow:

If you have some kind of DVR hooked up to your TV there is a good chance it will have S-Video input for recording from old sources - you could route it through that to try it out.

If you have some kind of DVR hooked up to your TV there is a good chance it will have S-Video input for recording from old sources - you could route it through that to try it out.

I ordered a couple of Ext connector & TinyBob's from www.ithic.com so now I need wiring instructions.

We have a DVR but it's HDMI only.

I'd ideally like to make up a couple of leads; VGA for my PC monitor, S-Video or Scart RGB for my TV is there a diagram anywhere for these?

Been out today & picked up all the items I need to make a composite lead, eagerly waiting for my plugs now.

Back