Supertux2 (Supertux 0.3.3)

jdbye

I noticed no one has compiled supertux2 for Pandora, but it requires OpenAL and I'm new to the toolchain and couldn't find an OpenAL library in the angstrom repositories. I prefer this version to the 0.1.3 there is currently a PND for, the world map has branches and the levels are better made I think. It complained about missing OpenAL and Boost when I tried compiling it (the compiling system uses cmake), at least OpenAL wasn't in the Angstrom repositories. IF someone else could give me a pointer or take a look at it that'd be great :)
Last time I played Supertux2 on Ubuntu it was set to OpenGL mode by default and could only be changed to SDL by manually editing the config file so that should probably be a default, plus the config/save path, not sure how to change those 2 - I'm still pretty new to porting and linux development.

Jdbye said:
I noticed no one has compiled supertux2 for Pandora, but it requires OpenAL and I'm new to the toolchain and couldn't find an OpenAL library in the angstrom repositories. I prefer this version to the 0.1.3 there is currently a PND for, the world map has branches and the levels are better made I think. It complained about missing OpenAL and Boost when I tried compiling it (the compiling system uses cmake), at least OpenAL wasn't in the Angstrom repositories. IF someone else could give me a pointer or take a look at it that'd be great :)
Last time I played Supertux2 on Ubuntu it was set to OpenGL mode by default and could only be changed to SDL by manually editing the config file so that should probably be a default, plus the config/save path, not sure how to change those 2 - I'm still pretty new to porting and linux development.

No has released anything for it and I have built it. The problem is that the game is slow with sw SDL rendering (also the min resolution is 800x600). We really need opengles to run this and have to be playable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back