SuperZaxxon v1.60 released

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
And here is the final release for SuperZaxxon v1.60!

A bit has changed, here are the updates from v1.60RC:

• UPDATE: Updated Python to v2.7.3
  • REMOVED: PNDStore has been removed, as the recipe was specifically made for Python 2.6. It is recommended to use PNDManager anyways.
  • UPDATE: Updated the QuickStartManual to include TV Out information
  • NEW: Included link on desktop which automatically downloads PNDManager to your SD Card (useful for new users)
    Note: This link will only appear on a full flash or when you create a new user. It is also safe to delete it.
To install it, you can either use the "Upgrade OS"-Function of SuperZaxxon, or you can get a full flash image.And here's the update list from 1.55 to 1.60RC:

• NEW: added c64_tools from bsp, see http://boards.openpa...loader-and-ipc/ (use "sudo /usr/pandora/scripts/op_dsp_c64.sh" to init, DSP can then be accessed by programs through libc64 API)
  • NEW: Preliminary support for DSP overclocking
  • NEW / FIX: Holding pandora button during fullscreen might kill it now (if you're lucky)
  • UPDATE: Kernel updated to 3.2.53
  • NEW: Kernel: reserved CMA memory for c64_tools (this memory is still available to applications when c64_tools are not used)
  • NEW: SDL: TV-out now automatically switches to scaler layer
  • NEW: A few common firmwares added to /lib/firmware for wifi sticks
  • FIX: /etc/op-version should now be updated with online OS updates
  • FIX: Hopefully fixed some time drift issues. After installing this update and rebooting, you may need to set your time once more to switch to correct timezone, after that it should stay consistent
  • UPDATE: Added a lot more timezones
  • NEW: Clock can now automatically be synced on successful network connection (enable / disable it in the Date/Time-Settings)
  • NEW: Fn-l toggles TV Out-Layer
  • NEW: TV Out can now be automatically enabled on boot-up (remember: TV Out needs power!)
  • UPDATE: TV out script now looks at last used TV profile
  • FIX: Switched to bsp's XFCE-Menu script. XFCE-Menu now toggles regardless where the Menu-Button is.
  • ... and some more minor tweaks and fixes :)
DOWNLOAD AND INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

Upgrading from a previous SuperZaxxon version (1.5x):

Use the "Upgrade Pandora OS"-Version.
Please note:
User-Modified configs will not not be overwritten with the new version (i.e. the new TV Out config file)

Be sure to backup any important data you might have in your NAND for the above reasons.
It is recommended to do a full flash in case you are encountering any issues.

Upgrade instructions using the Full-Flash-Image:

Download SuperZaxxon Final v1.60
Download SuperZaxxon Final v1.60 without internal Wifi drivers

Please note: Flashing the new firmware will put your unit back into a default state. All your settings and users will be lost. Of course, this does not apply to PNDs which save their stuff on the SD-Card.

To install it, simply extract the archive onto the root of your SD Card.
Insert the SD Card into the left slot. Keep R (shoulder) pressed while switching on your Pandora and select "Boot from SD1"
It will then flash the firmware onto the NAND. After it's finished, reboot your Pandora and patiently wait until the First Boot Wizard appears on the screen.

If "Boot from SD1" doesn't appear, try to reformat the SD Card using Panasonic SD Formatter, recopy the files and retry.

Please let us know any issues you encounter.

Last edited:
I am a little confused, is .next OS going to be a replacement for Zaxxon or an alternate OS?

The pandora's OS versioning goes like this:

Version 1 = Zaxxon

Version 1.5 = SuperZaxxon

Version 2 =  Yars Revenge

The next version from now = .next

REMOVED: PNDStore has been removed, as the recipe was specifically made for Python 2.6. It is recommended to use PNDManager anyways.
After doing an OS-update, PNDStore still shows as Icon in my menu though. It actually moved up from the bottom section between the submenu-folders.

This happens if you ever manually edited your menu or if for some reason the desktop file has not been cleared. I could tell you how to remove that, if you like.

I don't think I ever changed the menu knowingly or on purpose. Would be nice if you could tell me how to remove the icon (don't want to reflash just for that ;) )

Usually I get an error if files could not be replaced by the update, and the new ones are placed in the same folder with a different name, but not this time.

Ditto, it's now on the main root menu instead of the System menu.

Don't know if it's related, but PNDManager can no longer update - "Synch Failed" message every time.

D.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think there are some .PNDs that add something to the menu, maybe that's why ... (not sure which ones though, maybe Java or SnapSnap).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back