Surely The Case Moulds Should Be Done By Now ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nation.A.List

This is not a complaint thread against Craig, ED or anybody in OP, but as the title says, surely the case moulds should be done by now ?
What's causing the delay? Has it turned out to be technically harder than expected ? Is the manufacturer not up to the job ? Have we been bumped to the back of a queue ?
Some people have said "no news is good news", but right here and now, about a month after they were expected to be finished, "no news" is beginning to look like "bad news".

Maybe because the Chinese don't like taking pictures. However, once they get to craig's or ED's house, there should be 10k to take pictures of.

This is something that I questioned a while ago but it wasn't really answered. It started on the 21st of July and it was estimated to be finished around the 10th of September which is around 50 days. But then, after an 8 day delay was announced there was alot of confusion and alot of ranting. IMO the confusion started because they never really justified the delay that was happening at that point of time but rather justifying a delay that may possible happen in the future so alot of people were expecting it to be finished in 8 days. I'm not sure when but I remember Craig saying that the case was more complicated than the company expected so I guess that was the primary reason for the time its taken but it was never really treated like a delay.

bazt said:
urall stoopids

Awesome post, douche-water. :lol:

We are indeed stoopids.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kloplop321 said:
Maybe because the Chinese don't like taking pictures. However, once they get to craig's or ED's house, there should be 10k to take pictures of.
So you think that they are done, but just haven't had their picture taken yet :blink: If they were done, they be shouting it from the rooftops and posting it in capitals on the official blog and on here. I'm not bothered about not seeing pictures of cases, I'm bothered about there being no finished case mould yet.

mvickers03 said:
I think the cases stay at the factory were they are assembled mate B)

They aren't assembling the whole OpenPandoras in the same factory as the cases are made.

Nation.A.List said:
Kloplop321 said:
So you think that they are done, but just haven't had their picture taken yet :blink: If they were done, they be shouting it from the rooftops and posting it in capitals on the official blog and on here. I'm not bothered about not seeing pictures of cases, I'm bothered about there being no finished case mould yet.

It obviously just started being the 14th at GMT time not even half a day ago, give this time. It is not like ED and Craig are immortal gods that oversee everything and never sleep. Btw, I wasn't referring to the actual cases being done(which is why I put them it two sentences instead of just one).

Shaun. said:
after an 8 day delay was announced there was alot of confusion and alot of ranting. IMO the confusion started because they never really justified the delay that was happening at that point of time but rather justifying a delay that may possible happen in the future so alot of people were expecting it to be finished in 8 days.
This was a PEBKAC issue in my opinion. Not having a go at you personally; rather the tendency of people to see only the word "delay" and miss all the other information. ED stated very clearly:
the only thing left is the case (which will be finished just before October or middle of October, depending on if the Chinese factory can finish the mould just before the chines holidays) [source]
A quick Google would confirm for anyone that Golden Week takes place in the first week of October.

As you said though, we were already in a "delay" period at that stage, for no reason other than it was taking the factory longer than expected. We were forewarned about the possibility of this too, it wasn't really a surprise.

Anyway, it's the middle of October now. Or one day away from it. There are still a few days left in the week, so let's see what news they bring! :)

And here I was expecting, "...and don't call me Shurley." Jokes.

I'm disappointed in the lot of you.

Cases I doubt is moulds maybe

I dont know anything about mould creation but I think that it is possible to tweak the thing and make several until it is correct. So there could be quite some time involved make mould --> test mould --> tweak mould --> test mould --> create definitive mould.

all in all there could be some extra arrows in there. The thing is once the mould is finished it can be used a lot so better make it perfect.

Phawx said:

Looks like you picked the wrong week to quit drinking.

_Sterling said:
Phawx said:

Looks like you picked the wrong week to quit drinking.
Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.

I think i read some weeks ago ( from craig ) that the cases would be done by mid october, lets wait to the end of the week for news about this.
I think more delays will come, first they have to finish the moulds , and then they can produce the cases. Let's hope that at least the 105 will be done be november ( and lets hope early november ), so they can send the full batch before 2010.

The cases are coming right at us!
airplane.jpg

Nation.A.List said:
surely the case moulds should be done by now ?
What's causing the delay? Has it turned out to be technically harder than expected ? Is the manufacturer not up to the job ?

Good questions. Apparenlty the mould is being shaved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back