Suspended From Work

Dozer

Efram the retarded rabbit
Website
lawrencewithaw.tumblr.com
So I woke up this morning after being off work for 4 days ill. I phoned in to get my hours for today and found out that I should have been in 2 minutes ago.

I got showered and dressed, missed breakfast and went straight out.

I got my first break at 12, and had no money so I grabbed a couple of bars of chocolate from the store to take on my break. I was caught eating them upstairs and have now been suspended until I'm examined properly tomorrow.

I'm expecting to be sacked, partly because there's money going missing too and I expect they'll want to make an example of me. And partly because you usually get sacked for gross misconduct anyway.

The worst part is, I finish work on Friday as I'm traveling for 5 months. I'm just not going to be able to get a reference and get no holiday pay.

Any advice anyone can give me for the interview tomorrow? This sucks so hard... I've been an excellent employee for the last 3 years and 4 days before I'm scheduled to leave this happens.

I feel sick.

thats not cool.

suppose the only thing to do is to reason with them and be honest.

if your break is so short that you only have time to buy the chocolate bars before getting back to work then they can hardly be too pissed at you.

Where do you work? Weird management that has staff phoning in for working hours each morning.

If they are going to sack you anyway, why not have some fun?

Go in dressed as Hitler and claim they are only sacking you for your political beliefs and that you will have them on the human rights. Might be an idea to pretend your suddenly disabled too... and black your face up with boot polish.

So, a disabled, black hitler. Say you're Muslim as well.

Worth it just for the looks on their faces.

Christ... I could never hold down a real job.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

lol, may as well have taken the box if I'm being sacked for it.

I phoned in for my hours because I was ill for the days before so I couldn't check in the store over the past few days.

I should have bullshitted that I'm diabetic.

Man, that IS harsh. I wouldnt worry about it too much. As Craig said have some fun with it, and you'll look back in a few years and chuckle. :)

For what its worth employers only really care about your most recent work history, and when you get back to UK; just temp or go contract for a bit to build up a reputation and you will soon be on easy street. (use the agency as a point of reference, and they'll sing your praises)

Eek, why are they so strict about eating outside of breaks? I always normally eat throughout the day. Our dinner break is 1pm for 30 minutes, but I'm normally eating crisps or bar of chocolate/etc about 10am and a sandwich come 12 (although still doing work of course).

So what kind of job are you (were you?) in?

craigix posted on Feb 21 2005 at 04:04 PM said:
If they are going to sack you anyway, why not have some fun?

Go in dressed as Hitler and claim they are only sacking you for your political beliefs and that you will have them on the human rights. Might be an idea to pretend your suddenly disabled too... and black your face up with boot polish.

So, a disabled, black hitler. Say you're Muslim as well.

Worth it just for the looks on their faces.

Christ... I could never hold down a real job.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

what is it with you and hitler!?! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Meh, yeah I didn't specify. I nabbed the bars from a box in the store cupboard. All the staff eat all the time while we're working. Even the some of the managers come in to get some food. It's just that an arse caught me upstairs. He doesn't like me also.

*Sigh* It'll all be over tomorrow anyway.

I know I deserve to loose the job or whatever. Just sucks they caught me so close to when I'm leaving anyway.

I work(ed) in a sainsbury's coffee shop. The company has treat me like shit over the past few years anyway. I'd never work for them again if I had the choice.

finty101 posted on Feb 21 2005 at 09:58 PM said:
Don't go to the interview, instead sit upstairs eating chocolate.
Lol, sounds like a plan. When they actually say "you're sacked", I might just look dissapointed and pull one of the same bars out of my pocket and start to eat it. I'll have the receipt though, and when the big ginger twat of a security guard rugby tackles me to the ground I can claim compensation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, that is way better. Or if they don't sack you pull out a bar for everyone. Oh man, I wish I could go to that interview.

Just say you were planning to pay for them once you had the cash, and had seen co-workers and superiors doing the same thing so you figured you wouldn't be in trouble.

Or, if you want to keep your job for a few more days, say that you weren't thinking, it hasn't happened before, you're sorry, you're disappointed in yourself, and it will never happen again. They're not looking for "excuses", they know exactly why you did what you did and just want you to apologise. Doubtful that you will lose your job, especially if they knew you were planning to leave.

Actually he's more likely to be fired now then ever before. Firing he now means he loses out of cash instead of just leaving. They'll play this up big time because of that.
Did you ask to take them from the store, did you say to the worker you'll pay them back tomorrow?

Back