Sweet Jesus Kick A Baby: Pandora Eta Need Info

lodoss118

Still Fresh
Hi guys is there some kind of eta for this device, I bought the dingoo a320 and i am really disappointed with its perfromance. I want to order a Pandora but need a timeframe on when it might get release and then maybe order when its close enough. I hope the d pad on the pandora will be good the a320 wasn't that bad the d pad needed to be bigger.

I just want to look right and see a little baby and kick it.

Last edited by a moderator:
'lodoss118' said:
Hi guys is there some kind of eta for this device, I bought the dingoo a320 and i am really disappointed with its perfromance. I want to order a Pandora but need a timeframe on when it might get release and then maybe order when its close enough. I hope the d pad on the pandora will be good the a320 wasn't that bad the d pad needed to be bigger.

No one knows exactly, since it is still being finalized. There have been all kinds of unpleasant obstacles that have made it difficult to get this far, but if you keep your eyes on what the development team has been posting then you will see they are not too far off now.

We might see things ship out within 2-3 months or so.

It's not a saying, he just means that he has an overwhelming desire to cause physical harm to children. I'm guessing it's a cry for help.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm British and I have no clue what he's on about, either.

It's certainly not a British expression - I was wondering what the hell he was trying to say and then I just gave up.

I guess something got lost in translation....

No, I was joking about the British thing because I had no idea what he meant.
I'll accept the "frustration -> physical harm to children" thing.

man i been waiting ages for a cool device like pandora, i really want an open source handheld with good controls.

Well, it's a step in the right direction I suppose but distracting yourself from these urges with consumer electronics is only side stepping the underlying problem.

Should've read the rest of the title, now I feel obligated to help. You had me at 'Sweet Jesus Kick A Baby' and I assumed it would be pictures, but oh well. Here's an eta: think of a date, then randomly add anywhere from 21-89 days to it. That way you can be both an optimist and a pessimist.

If you think of it in the worst possible manor and everything gets delayed, I`d say by June `09. That`s in a worst scenario situation, though.

'lodoss118' said:

I have ordered a dingoo as well as a Pandora. I thought it might help me pass the time waiting for my Pandy but it turns out I'm doing a lot of waiting for it too (ordered from China) I'm wondering specifically what you are disappointed about? How well does it do playing .avi files?

If the Dingoo is anything like the Onda line, prepare to be sorely dissapointed. The Chinese players all claim to have these wonderful levels of functionality with dozens of codecs like AVI,FLV,DAT,MPG, etc., but ultimately you`ll probably find out the firmware doesnt support half of them even if the hardware could decode them, and when they do work you have to have a certain resolution or combination of audio and video codecs or it simply wont play. Sometimes you`ll have tree videos all encoded the same way and one doesnt work for some reason. They`ll say there`s support, but what they really mean is they gave you a disk with a crappy conversion program that`s probably still in chinese or badly translated that you`ll need to run them through before you can play them.

Of course I have no doubt that you can play plenty of games on it though.

'Drak' said:
If you think of it in the worst possible manor and everything gets delayed, I`d say by June `09. That`s in a worst scenario situation, though.
you keep telling yourself that :rolleyes:
june is a best case scenario date really... its likely gona be august/september...

'gibberish' said:
you keep telling yourself that :rolleyes:
june is a best case scenario date really... its likely gona be august/september...
I will! *goes back to his corner patting his illusional :pandora1:*

'Drak' said:
The worst possible Manor:

www.locationworks.com/library.php?ref=14116

;)

June is waaaay past my deadline.

emulation performance is not that great on a320 when u turn off frame skipping and have full sound on

'lodoss118' said:
emulation performance is not that great on a320 when u turn off frame skipping and have full sound on
How's GBA emulation performance? ;p

Back