switch GUI problem

romanaOne

Still Fresh
If I switch from xfce to minimenu and go back to xfce, one of the panel applets gets started twice. If I go to minimenu and back to xfce again, the applet appears 3 times. Some xfce-starting script is not checking something.... Not sure what to call the applet; it is the one you go to disable/enable various features to save power.

I have the latest Super Zaxxon version shown in this forum. I upgraded to it from the December 2013 firmware using the upgrade icon in the gui. I just bought the Open Pandora Rebirth Edition used on eBay and I am very impressed! This totally blows away the Zaurus SL-CXX Arm/linux PDAs of the early noughties. One can actually download & play games on this thing and not spend all year recompiling and hassling with yet another broken ARM toolchain.

Since you are starting fresh, it might do you well to do a full flash of the latest firmware. This is pretty simple on the Pandora, and with the pnd system all your apps will be saved. Only modifications to your NAND will be lost.

Sound like a bug to me, but I don't switch OSen often enough to have experienced it myself. I'm surprised the applet doesn't get killed when you log out to switch GUIs, but I guess it's possible for it to persist.

Back