Syntensity

dbrodie

Still Fresh
I just thought I'd point out to people at a cool engine I saw called syntensity, it is based off of Cube 2/Sauerbraten which seems to be portable/ported to opengl es (http://strlen.com/cube/cube_intel_pda/).
What is nice (but will probably make the porting hard) is that it has support for scripting in javascript using google's V8, and it also has python bindings.
It might be a cool platform for writing general purpose 3d games, it has a neat lobby as an entrance for different games, and already has a silly multiplayer graffiti thing, but might not be relevant due to porting issues...

That looks.. OK

No one has ported it to ARM or even OGLes as far as I can tell.
Irrlicht works on the Pandora and Ogre works on the BeagleBoard.

Be nice to have another option though.

The port page just says "Cube", as far as I know Cube 2 / Sauerbraten hasn't been ported to ARM / OGLES.
Cube is like the crappy Doom precursor to Cube 2. It doesn't support room-over-room and stuff like that, it's a lot like Doom with OpenGL graphics.

lulzfish said:
Cube is like the crappy Doom precursor to Cube 2. It doesn't support room-over-room and stuff like that, it's a lot like Doom with OpenGL graphics.
i tought cube was absolutely brilliant! i love how the in-game editing worked

Last edited by a moderator:
grasshoppir said:
lulzfish said:

It's even better in cube 2 :p

B-ZaR said:
grasshoppir said:
lulzfish said:

It's even better in cube 2 :p
yes it is, from your point of view

Back