Release T.O.R.C.S.

ptitSeb

Serial Porter
Here is T.O.R.C.S, The Open Source Racing Car Simulator

preview1.png

This port use glshim.

Some warnings:

1. It seems they maybe some slight issue due do FAT32, so on first launch, it just doesn't work. But it will on 2nd launch.
  2. The game is a bit slow on the Pandora. It's mostly ok (especialy on Gigahertz model) on Practice (when you are alone), but tend to crawl in Race when you have more A.I. cars. So you should limit to 1 or 2 opponent to keep framerates ok. : fixed with build 02
  3. The minimap works sometime, sometimes not. Don't know why. : fixed with build 02
  4. Remove the Mirror (with '9') for better framerate. Change view to inside view with no cockpit also for a bit better framerate (with 'F2' 3 or 4 times...).
  5. There are some precision texture bugs clearly visible, but fixing that seems difficult, has it has to be done globaly for all texture coord of the landscape.
  6. Default controls are set to Dual Nubs: Left Nub for turning, Right Nub for accelerate/brake. This can be changed in options sceen. All Pandora Button should be accessibles.
  7. While Playing, you cannot change focussed car. It used to be PageUp/PageDown but it conflicted with Pandora Button (if you want to put Throttle/Brake on them) so I remove the function.
  8. Some Circuit are more graphicaly intensive than other, I changed default Quickrace because "Forza" is one of the most demanding one. : fixed with build 02, Forza is perfectly playable now
If you don't like Dual Nubs mode, you can change left_nub and right_nub file in appdata/torcs. Put "mouse" and "mbuttons" inside (without the quotes) to get the mouse back. You will have to change the configuration for the player.

History log
========

Build 04
----------

• Fresh build using gcc 6.1
  • Updated libs, even faster
Build 03
----------

• Based on 1.3.6
  • A bit Faster build.
  • Latest glshim and libs
Build 02
----------

• Faster build. Playable now even with 3 A.I cars (but better not use the mirror, use '9' to switch)
  • Compatible with newer driver
Build 01
----------

• Initial build
  • Controls and screen adapted to the Pandora

Enjoy a full blown Racing Simulation!

For those interested, here is the diff against vanilla 1.3.6 sources:

Attachments

• torcs_pandora.zip
    105.6 KB · Views: 306
Last edited:
Does this need more than 256mb?

When I run it, the SD card is access for a while and then nothing...

EDIT: Second attempt it started. Obviously what you meant about the FAT32 - I was expecting an error or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does this need more than 256mb?

When I run it, the SD card is access for a while and then nothing...

EDIT: Second attempt it started. Obviously what you meant about the FAT32 - I was expecting an error or something.
Ah yes, it just silently exit. I should have precised it. It should runs on a CC (I tried and it worked). But be easy on the A.I. cars you add in the race. I think an 1-on-1 is the max a CC can handle with enough fps for it to be playable.

This is soo cool, just checked the repo, saw this and my girlfriend came in asking what the heck I am screaming about :lol:

Too bad  that it is too demanding for racing against a field ... still downloading, can't wait to try it!

hmm, I can hear the music, but I see only my desktop with a frozen mouse pointer. Only way out is to reset the Pandora (not even the task-manager thingy on the Pandora button comes up).

I installed it on an ext4 partition, running the 4.10 SGX driver (is that the issue?)

hmm, I can hear the music, but I see only my desktop with a frozen mouse pointer. Only way out is to reset the Pandora (not even the task-manager thingy on the Pandora button comes up).

I installed it on an ext4 partition, running the 4.10 SGX driver (is that the issue?)
I Just tried this too, I'm getting the same issue, 4.10 SGX driver.. using a FAT32 partition though...

Edit: works with the 4.03.00.02 driver.

Ah, yes, it's not compatible with Framebuffer rendering. I tried but it does weird things... I may retry later, see if'm more lucky.

Ok, switched back to 4.03.00.02 driver and now it works. Thanks!!

Tried Rudskogen, but I remember it used to run not so well in Racer on my old PC when the track was released (lots of trees and bushes next to the track). E-Track 4 runs pretty smooth on my GHz in practice-mode. It's a bit challenging to stay on the road with the Nubs at first, but after a few laps it works quite well. The controls are very predictable and you really feel that it's a simulation and not an arcade-racer. So practice laps without opponents are already a lot of fun if you are into sim-racing.

I did not getting it worked.

Maybe its because i only tested it on my GHZ with activated TVOut.

Wanted to make a Video.

Tested differrent Drivers too and i use ever Fat32 formated Cards,because copying Files is for me with Windows more easy.

Startet it more than twice.

I think its not TVOut Combatible.

Had updated then the Zaxxon but no changes for this Game.

I did not getting it worked.

Maybe its because i only tested it on my GHZ with activated TVOut.

Wanted to make a Video.

Tested differrent Drivers too and i use ever Fat32 formated Cards,because copying Files is for me with Windows more easy.

Startet it more than twice.

I think its not TVOut Combatible.

Had updated then the Zaxxon but no changes for this Game.
Ah :(

I tried to make it run with the Framebuffer mode, but it's defenetly not compatible. I have to check in the code, but the way it update the screen and do the Swapbuffer makethe game play completly garbled, or the menu are unusable. It looks a bit like Blender, doing only partial update.

New build on the repo.

I used a newer GCC (v5.0.0 experimental), with agressive optims (especialy the new lto), and with newer glshim, the game is *much* faster. 

In fact it is playable on CC (without a swap) with 3 A.I. on the default race now.

Also, I change the way the mirror is rendered (from glCopyTex to FBO rendering) making the game compatible with pure Framebuffer rendering, so it's now compatible with 4.10 version driver for the Gigahertz model.

Like for build 01, on 1st launch, it doesn't start on Fat32 SDCard. It works on 2nd start.

Also, default is still Dual Nubs mode (left nub to steer, right nub for gaz/brake). If you don't like Dual Nubs mode, you can change left_nub and right_nub file in appdata/torcs. Put "mouse" and "mbuttons" inside (without the quotes) to get the mouse back. You will have to change the configuration for the player.

Build 02

----------

•  Faster build. Playable now even with 3 A.I cars (but better not use the mirror, use '9' to switch)
  • Compatible with newer driver

Back