Tablet Pc Headache...

Twimfy

OMG 3 years here!
Website
www.stctg.co.uk
Ok, I recently bought a Compaq Tablet TC 1000 http://reviews.zdnet.co.uk/hardware/notebo...39145499,00.htm
for two reasons. 1. I've always wanted one, 2. The tablet function will be incredibly useful for my last year of uni.

What I want to do however when it arrives is use it as a monitor for my current base unit and sell the monitor I currently have to cover the cost of buying it in the first place, but I can't think of a cheap and practical way to do this. It only has a VGA out and the only inputs are USB ports PCMCIA and a compact flash slot.

I could do composite/S-video out to my TV tuner/media box but I would imagine the loss in picture quality would be huge. Can anyone think of a solution?...such as a VGA to USB...does such a thing exist?

The other thing I want to do is use the DVD/RW drive, card readers and other extras in my base unit with my tablet...will this be possible via a wifi/ethernet/usb link? and if so what performance hit can I expect?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, i'm sure on a normal day I could just about work it out but this has got me really stumped.

I know Axeman had one of these tablets at the GP32 meet up a few years ago...

Back