Thank you Askarus and EvilDragon

dgame

This is a very special thank you to Askarus and EvilDragon.

I received my 1GHz Pandora back from you in Germany.

I sent it in for left nub replacement and Askarus also replaced the cracked parts of the black case.

I had put the 1Ghz board into my black First Batch (CC) Pandora case as I prefer the black case.

And after using my CC Pandora for almost two months I can recommend that anyone who is still waiting and can afford the 1GHz to do it.

The 1GHz Pandora is just outright faster than the CC Pandora.

Thanks to Craigix, notaz, DaveC, MWeston, fatih, Jaquelyne, and everyone else involved in the Pandora project. This is now my favorite computer. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to hear and +1000 on the thanks to the team front!

I twice had old CC units repaired/replaced for a dead nub and then a dead LCD cable and Jacquelyn somehow managed to get back promptly (sometimes in minutes) and organise fast turn arounds and save a holiday from being Pandoraless on the second occasion. All at their own expense, despite repeated offers to pay the shipping myself. Quite awesome customer service!

The device itself is also a blessing and a miracle it made it to market and it remains the best handheld and mini full PC I've ever heard of, despite (or perhaps because of) the lack of corporate glitz or funding.

Whilst I haven't heavily gamed on mine, using it more for PC work, notes, comix, books, internet and media playing, the case has a few scratches to its battery cover and is otherwise solid. Except I bust the clip between SD slots taking it apart recently. So I had none of sugru needing cracking and the second gen LCD cable held up for months with PTOD symptoms whilst I couldn't bear to part with it.

I am seriously looking forward to the 1Ghz model and getting Android, Slackware and some other distros into as multi-bootable format as I can, to show off its versatility, even though I can barely scratch the surface of whats possible by all you coding/hacking folks.

The price does put some people off but others 'get' that its small scale production vs corporate monsters and they 'get' the open nature of it and certainly see it as the best pocket laptop with awesome battery life outhere. All thats needed is the TV cables and a USB Hub and its a full desktop in your pocket.

Great concept, great achievement and great company!

Just need to sell a shed load and make some profit finally and then further great products down the line with less production hitches.

Here's to 2013 and all things Pandora :)

Back