Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samalthos

Still Fresh
Website
www.myspace.com
Thanks Everyone involved in this project for working so hard to bring us a superior product. It really hurts me to see people losing intrest because they've waited so long. Who cares really? as long as I get one and it works I don't care if it takes another 5 years. While it's true I could always go out and spend my money on something else more powerful I don't because there is a dream somewhere in what they are doing for us. They aren't out solely to make Money (Yet anyway who knows about their future plans) They are here to release something that will appeal to a small group of people. So stop getting on their case because of something that you don't like because you have to make a comprimise here, You cant just drop a Core i7 Extreme under the hood of a handheld. It won't be the be all beat all, but it will be a well built product all the same.

Thanks for listening to a rather long Rant.
-Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Good too know how you feel. But I don't think a new thread was necessary.

Chris, you're clearly a nice guy - wp.

It's not that bad. You can't cut a guy down for trying to be supportive!

i think we know who the first person to marry a Pandora is going to be ;)

Maybe i should try to be supportive too.

Hi devs youre great.
i dont care when the pandora is released my parents paid the money for it, i just play around with my ipod ,ds psp, or my gp2x my parents bought me too.
Everyone who does care is just dumb. Don't listen to dumb people, they are dumb.

No honestly, i do care when the pandora is released. The 250€ i paid are my hard earned mone, actualy i could survive more than a month with that money and buying a pandora was a tough decision because it really meant for me to abstain from several things over months and i dont own any other portable device not even a mp3player.
I cant be more supportive than paying for a product that isnt even made yet and wait for months without complaining. I do think that the pandora is a good thing that is worth the waiting and everything but its not the messiah or something like that so just spare me with that carebare bullshit, chinese factories arent love powered so it wont make the production faster therefore such posts are just plain unproductive like bichting around would be :huh:

'drD20' said:

Hi devs youre great.
i dont care when the pandora is released my parents paid the money for it, i just play around with my ipod ,ds psp, or my gp2x my parents bought me too.
Everyone who does care is just dumb. Don't listen to dumb people, they are dumb.

No honestly, i do care when the pandora is released. The 250€ i paid are my hard earned mone, actualy i could survive more than a month with that money and buying a pandora was a tough decision because it really meant for me to abstain from several things over months and i dont own any other portable device not even a mp3player.
I cant be more supportive than paying for a product that isnt even made yet and wait for months without complaining. I do think that the pandora is a good thing that is worth the waiting and everything but its not the messiah or something like that so just spare me with that carebare bullshit, chinese factories arent love powered so it wont make the production faster therefore such posts are just plain unproductive like bichting around would be :huh:
:D

A sarcastic devil, aren't ya? ;)

Why the need to flame such a nice, with only good intentions written message? I guess the developers do enjoy reading something like that now and then and it does not hurt the rest of us, you can simply ignore it and the thread will flow down with time.

Your intermezzo was nevertheless really amusing :)

'Exarus' said:
Thanks Everyone involved in this project for working so hard to bring us a superior product. It really hurts me to see people losing intrest because they've waited so long. Who cares really? as long as I get one and it works I don't care if it takes another 5 years. While it's true I could always go out and spend my money on something else more powerful I don't because there is a dream somewhere in what they are doing for us. They aren't out solely to make Money (Yet anyway who knows about their future plans) They are here to release something that will appeal to a small group of people. So stop getting on their case because of something that you don't like because you have to make a comprimise here, You cant just drop a Core i7 Extreme under the hood of a handheld. It won't be the be all beat all, but it will be a well built product all the same.

Thanks for listening to a rather long Rant.
-Chris
5 years? that's known as "Duke Nukem Forever Syndrome"

Please don't exaggerate :)

'drD20' said:

Hi devs youre great.
This is very assuming

'drD20' said:
The 250€ i paid are my hard earned mone, actualy i could survive more than a month with that money and buying a pandora was a tough decision because it really meant for me to abstain from several things over months and i dont own any other portable device not even a mp3player.
Your rent and bills must be pretty low if you can survive that long on 250 euros... or do you live with your parents.... or someone else pays your rent and bills?

Don't you own a mobile phone?

'drD20' said:
I cant be more supportive than paying for a product that isnt even made yet and wait for months without complaining.
This kind of is complaining man. And its mean too - come on, give the guy a break. I know you might have gripes (and I agree there's no way I'd wait 5 years for Pandora in its current form...although I've been waiting longer for a device like this) but they aren't his fault and he's not made them better or worse either.

Edit: plus, Chris is right - we do owe the developers thanks for taking on and carrying out such a risky, difficult and time-consuming project to try and make something to benefit people like us.
I guess I'm just adding to this argumentative feeling so I'll shut up now - stupid human nature. Maybe the thread should be closed?

Your rent and bills must be pretty low if you can survive that long on 250 euros... or do you live with your parents.... or someone else pays your rent and bills?

Don't you own a mobile phone?

I'm a student and no, no one pays my bills. I only pay 150€ for rent&bills(including internet) and i am always trying to not eat more food than for 100€/month(including alcohol and such). I'm getting some discount as student and thats very nice(especially for food&transportation), otherwise it wouldnt be possible for me to study. Thanks for asking :lol:
Yes i forgot my mobile phone i bought it for 25€ as far as i remember and i can play snake with it, but somehow it isnt very satisfying to play ;)

Chris, the best way to thank them, is by giving back. If you've got any development skills, head over to the Developers Corner and see if you can lend a hand. If don't, just passing the word around is good, tipping off major blogs like Endgadget and Gizmodo to large Pandora news, they always post stuff I tip them about the panda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back