That New Pandora Smell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jourdy288

What should people associate with a Pandora? I think that it would be wise to tell people! Such as how much greater it is than a load of stuff already on the market, it could be an excellent way to introduce the idea of open source technology, and also, as a s-elling point (spelt oddly to avoid spamfilter) we ought mention how the software and games for the Pandora will be free. Do you think that we ought put a CD with a great bundle of Open-Source games, software, etc.? I do.
One potential Open-Source turnoff is decentralization, so I, Jourdan Cameron, propose that we (whoever feels like it) start a website dedicated to Open-Source software, but make a user friendly, so that somebody new to the idea can:
A. Catch on easily

and

B. Have a repository of software at his/her fingertips

Anybody agree? Remember, it needs to be so easy, your grandmother can do it.

You don't need to do anything or tell anybody right now. People already know. The only thing that will boost the Pandora's reputation at this point is to actually get it into the hands of customers and, perhaps more importantly, news sources.

Exactly, once it comes out, what if I tell them about the Pandora? I don't think we should only market it to hardcore gamers. Pandoras will be for everyone.

Jourdy288 said:
Exactly, once it comes out, what if I tell them about the Pandora? I don't think we should only market it to hardcore gamers. Pandoras will be for everyone.

The Pandora will be spread by reputation. Unless we get a big name company behind us supporting us, that's about all we can do. When you tell someone about the Pandora, just tell them about the things that you like about it, we don't need a statement, it's not a court case. I can't believe you made a whole new topic for this. -_-

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah, "selling" by itself isn't gonna set of any spam filter. It's when it appears several times along with words like "penis" and "larger" and "titties" that it becomes spam :lol:

I bet I can get a viral campaign going though, once Pandora is release, I'm still going to try.
Also, what software should we bundle with the Pandora?

We should just all make graffiti in our neighborhoods about how pimp and ballin' the Pandora is.
I don't see how that could possibly backfire.

Actually, almost any kind of advertising will backfire when people realize that it's still pre-order only for a long time, and that it can neither run "Nintendo" [NDS] nor "PC" [Windows] games.

Just wait for the first batch to ship, then notify any open-source / Linux friends, then let nature take its course.

Enverex said:
It needs to exist before it can get a rep, at the moment most people just won't care.
That's exactly what I'm talking about I'm thinking we should do viral marketing After the big release!

The Pandora, if it failed, wouldn't be the first best product to fail. People who have delusions about the Pandora becoming mainstream or being anything more than a niche product are going to be sorely disappointed at the sales. The Pandora, from what I have seen, is a great piece of hardware that has NO major (or second string or third string or fourth string) software houses supporting it. For people who like emulators and very few ported commercial games and the occasional homebrew, the machine is a godsend, but for everyone else...

Chris

You build a very simple recursive advertisement campaign:

void talkToPeopleAboutPandora(person someone, person somefriend)
{
say(someone, somefriend, "Pandora is f**king good");
talkToPeopleAboutPandora(somefriend, getAFriend(somefriend));
}

Limestraël said:

{
}
Gah, I tried it out but got:

Code:
Segmentation fault

(Stack overflow error; campaign too viral)

dflemstr said:
Limestraël said:

{
}
Gah, I tried it out but got:

Code:
Segmentation fault

(Stack overflow error; campaign too viral)

Gosh, there's no point in skimping!

femngi said:
It's like I've wandered into an XKCD strip.
That would actually be great if we could get Pandoras (when released) into Randall's comics...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back