The Battery Life Is Incredible!!

Kumaki

Yesterday, I ran my battery down to 26%...never ran it that low before.

But I had it on and running for SIXTEEN HOURS!!

There were periods in which it was just standing by during those sixteen hours...but it got a lot of heavy use, too.

And from 8AM till past midnight...just over sixteen hours...the battery went from 100% down to 26%....and recharged fully overnight while I slept. What's not to love??

I have to concur, I generally keep my Pandora well charged, but recently I was away for a week, and used my Pandora quite a bit over the week, and didn't have to charge it a single time. I spent a lot of the time playing PSX games, GBA games, Genesis, native games and it was quite weird that the battery level kept so high, based on my experience with my current (and previous few phones) which depletes a battery within 24 hours, without even being used!

I actually brought a spare battery for my Pandora, but have never had to use it so far..! It both makes the Pandora seem ace, but also make all other devices seem rubbish!

Battery life was a non-negotiation thing when we designed the unit. It had to have 10 hours.

It was something I was obsessed with mainly because people said it could not be done. Dave did a great job of making most of the base the battery surround :)

It's one of the very best features and still to this day people assume it won't be 10 hours in the real world, if the Pandora2 happens it will also be 10 hours.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's one of the very best features and still to this day people assume it won't be 10 hours in the real world, if the Pandora2 happens it will also be 10 hours.

If you mean 10h heavy load, 20 light load, like the P1 (I assume you do) - that`s awesome :)

I actually brought a spare battery for my Pandora, but have never had to use it so far..! It both makes the Pandora seem ace, but also make all other devices seem rubbish!

Me, too. I likewise bought an extra battery, and the only time it's been in my Pandora, when when I changed it out to charge that one...the only drawback to the extra battery is you can't charge it on it's own outside the unit.

But I've never had to use my spare, either.

I carry it with my Pandora in the softcase...it fits and the case still zips up with the extra battery in there, not much room to spare, though.

I recently got Audacious working, and put all my music on there, and started playing music thru my car speakers...and then my warped mind got an idea, and, while parked outside a store waiting for someone...I decided to play a game on PanMAME....with the sound coming thru the car speakers, LOL!!

I actually brought a spare battery for my Pandora, but have never had to use it so far..!

Change Battery every 2-3 month. Else your unused one might get broken.

Good tip.

I think I will make the first of every month my "battery-change day" and change out the spare for the one in the unit. That will keep them cycling.

Battery life was a non-negotiation thing when we designed the unit. It had to have 10 hours.

It was something I was obsessed with mainly because people said it could not be done. Dave did a great job of making most of the base the battery surround :)

Well, if I do say so myself...you designed a most awesome machine...possibly the best thing ever!!

I mean, this thing is great for gaming, but, beyond this...

I have a daily organizer (as I own my own busness, this app is indispensible!!)

Can surf the web, and check my web-based email on the fly, which is awesome...yeah, I know you can do this with a smartphone...but this thing does much more than any smartphone ever DREAMED of!!

I have all my games on it. I have all my music on it. It now can replace my Zune...that alone saves over 200 bucks.

It could replace the GPS unit if I wanted to do that.

Since I can surf and check email, it WILL replace my smartphone (once I'm out of contract) - the savings on the data plan alone will pay for my Pandora in eighteen months.

The battery lasts far longer than in my smartphone.

I'm serious...no brown-nosing here, I just can't talk this thing up enough!!

I was at a rare gathering of friends I go to once a year (it is related to a hobby of mine) and everyone was seeing me use this thing and asking about it.

Also, I am gong to download the Wikipedia thing - in my business, having this available on the fly would be very helpful, as I do medical billing and coding...and can look up medical terminology easily. This thing just brings it all together in a way I have never seen before...you guys were true visionaries!!

Just start advertising 30 hours of battery life, people will naturally scale that back.

Good tip. I think I will make the first of every month my "battery-change day" and change out the spare for the one in the unit. That will keep them cycling.

Battery should be about when not used (that's at least what ED says).

Humm...well, I guess I could drain one a bit before popping in the spare...and then keep that as a spare and so on.

Should it be at 40%? doesn't seem quite as useful as a real spare, I tend to keep my spare batteries for other devices around 60% when not in use.

I found a box of 40 batteries from over 2 years ago a few days ago.

The first 2 out the box were still at 30%.

^ Thats impressive!

What happens to batteries if left at full charge for extended periods of time?

Its true, this machine has the best battery life of anything I have in my kit.

They don't work as well later. A brand new battery fully charged will be able to do some task for 10 hours (to pick a nice number) before the battery reports empty. If that battery is fully charged and left alone for a year it will be able to perform the same task for only 7 hours, even if fully charged: it just can't store as much energy as it used to. Similar problem if it is under charged.

But if stored correctly, this change is almost imperceptible. The batteries Craig found, if they were stored correctly, after 2 years can probably still perform that same original task for 9 hours and 50 minutes before empty: not quite perfect but so close you won't really notice.

Time and use slowly wear down the battery: it still charges fully, but that full charge becomes less and less effective over time.

I upgraded my first batcher pandora (barely used it and left the battery inside for months) to a rebirth one, and bought a new battery.

Now that I use my pandora every day, I can confirm that the oldest battery has the same runtime as the new one.

That was unexpected, these batteries are really good stuff :rolleyes: .

What would happen if you put a Pandora battery in one of those fluffy pink bunnies instead of Duracell?

What would happen if you put a Pandora battery in one of those fluffy pink bunnies instead of Duracell?

durabunny_sprint.png

Its true, this machine has the best battery life of anything I have in my kit.
I wonder how long one of those old nokia phones would last on this battery. Those had a battery that lasted 2 weeks with regular calling.... I cant get used to charging my newer nokia every 3 days. (but its the price I pay for whatsapping and using GPS :D )

Another incredible thing about the battery...

today, I had it run down to 54%. I put it on the charger at 3PM when I went out to take care of some errands. I got back at 5:30PM and the thing was already fully recharged!

Back