The Calm Before The Storm

hoped it would be before then, but still good. cant wait to see some news when they recieve the first lot :)

Nice update. So when the hell am I getting my Pandora? Surely the project has progressed enough that you have a fixed date in mind.

quartercast said:
Nice update. So when the hell am I getting my Pandora? Surely the project has progressed enough that you have a fixed date in mind.

Not really :)
It's still depending on so much things. If we were a proper company, we'd say December, as then everything that could theoretically happen AND some safety time to DOUBLE ensure nothing could go wrong would have to be added :)

We prefer to continue as fast as we can and deliver as fast as we can. That could be September, that could be October.
But it surely will be :)

Last edited:
the mould should be finished around start of september... even without problem I won't expect a pandora in septembre, even without other problem end of october seems uncertain...

Sounds awesome, although the wait is a bit longer for me as I have to order from the second batch..

Rib-Reaper said:
Sounds awesome, although the wait is a bit longer for me as I have to order from the second batch..

Why? There are still some Pandoras available from the first batch, I ordered mine just a few days ago and I haven't still received the invoice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Limestraël said:
Rib-Reaper said:

Why? There are still some Pandoras available from the first batch, I ordered mine just a few days ago and I haven't still received the invoice.

Yes, but some of us want to see the first few Pandoras ship before handing our money over, just as a precaution.

Oh I knew there were some left but I figured as its getting closer to delivery they'd be gone by now.
Guess I'll order mine in a few days since I now turn 18 tomorrow I can finally use my card online to order.

Rib-Reaper said:
Guess I'll order mine in a few days since I now turn 18 tomorrow I can finally use my card online to order.
*Rolling on the floor laughing*

Seriously, have I missed something? ^^ Maybe yes since I was not following the discussions for quite a long time...

Elwing said:
the mould should be finished around start of september... even without problem I won't expect a pandora in septembre, even without other problem end of october seems uncertain...

If the mold is finished at the beginning of September, we'll see a final Pandora VERY soon after. The cases, IIRC, can all be made in a day. I think ED/MWeston quoted that the company can produce something like 5000 cases a day. All that needs to be done from there is they need to be shipped to the factory in Texas, and assembled. Most (if not all) of the boards should be completed by then, assuming that the first 105 are done in 10 days. They should be able to OK the first 105 and produce a good deal of them in the 5-6 weeks following the completion of the first 105. (This, of course, is all speculation, but I feel like I'm being reasonable.)

I think the blog post sounds like non-news, which is probably more why we haven't heard anything for a couple of weeks. It's nice to get a status update anyway, this one is just fairly uneventful IMO.
Sometimes no news is good news though and it sounds like things are essentially still running as expected since Ed's last post.

TheRain said:
I think the blog post sounds like non-news, which is probably more why we haven't heard anything for a couple of weeks. It's nice to get a status update anyway, this one is just fairly uneventful IMO.
Sometimes no news is good news though and it sounds like things are essentially still running as expected since Ed's last post.

There's one or two new tidbits, but most of it is restated. But it's worth it just for those one or two tidbits.

-God Ginrai

The FCC/CE testing doesn't sound so assured anymore. IIRC, ED 'knew someone' who could do the test in a short space of time, but the latest posts don't sound so confident about the process being so trivial.

I thought they had decided that they didn't need FCC certs if they were selling from UK? Did that turn out to be wrong?

Back