The Future Of Video Gaming?

i noticed he was holding somethying in his hand that the images happened to appear in. Could that be how it followed his hand? it just searched for the "controller" and in place of it they put what ever. Also the guy in the background looked like he had an actual game controller like he was flying the helicopter. but that was awesome... maybe one more step to virtual reality.

wow...

my computers sound is broken.. so I was confused as hell..

I thought he was actually holding a real flower until it all of a sudden turned into a lightsabre. :lol:

I'll have to watch this again on a computer somewhere with sound :(

I'll say it again. It looks healvily as though it has been modified by computers.

@nilsiboy: You'd be able to see projections of light if it was real

IT'S FAKE! YOU ALL SAW AXEMAN WITH A LIGHTSABRE AT CHRISTMAS!! IT WOULD BE EASY TO ADD IN ON COMPUTER!!!!

this is awesome. but i cant believe they could do this everywhere without preparing. the houses on the table have to contain some sort of sensors/emitters.... or dont they?? and if they dont, what mad powered computer could do this?

It's seems fairly reasonable to me. A quick model showing the rough size of the room and the placement on the table would cope with most of it. He clearly has a sensor in his hand tracking it's movement. A couple more sensors dotted around so the computer can track which way the cameras are being moved... or maybe that's done with the two cameras they've got setup. Then it's just a case of software that'll model the 3d objects based camera angles etc. It's damn clever but perfectly doable.

J(ohn)

Actually... now I've thought about it... You wouldn't even need a simple model of the room. A couple of low-res 3d scanners positioned each end of the table would build a good enough 3d model of the table and objects to interact with. The sensor in his hand tracks how he moves and a similar sensor on the camera tracks which way that's pointing.

I'm betting if they flew the helicopter further out it would continue to get smaller towards the virtual horizon long after it should have hit the back wall of the hall.

Still damn impressive though :D

J(ohn)

BUT why do the people say "ahh" "ohh" ??
there are huds mentioned in the text.... are we supposed to wear translucent glasses taht show the reality plus game or whatever?

another thing thats bugging me: at the end he hits the desk with a hammer. either the controll0r thingie is really good, or he exactly knows where to stop OR everything was rendered before and just showed at that moment and they prepared it very well

Goity posted on Feb 6 2005 at 10:48 AM said:
I'll say it again. It looks healvily as though it has been modified by computers.

@Nilsiboy: You'd be able to see projections of light if it was real

IT'S FAKE! YOU ALL SAW AXEMAN WITH A LIGHTSABRE AT CHRISTMAS!! IT WOULD BE EASY TO ADD IN ON COMPUTER!!!!
OMG don't be so retarded. It's obviously computer edited. Say it was on a console at home, the people are watching it on a screen, it's not actually there in reality.

Listen to the commentary dumb ass.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hanz™ posted on Feb 6 2005 at 09:15 PM said:
Does this put anyone of?
Yes, BOR/Doom Mods are the only things I can't be bothered to get on a 56k line (download time too long).
its the fact its coputer edited in real time goity. Listen to the man and stuff. I want one of thoes. Virtual gaurd dogs!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back