The "how Many Have Been Sold?" Thread

enigma85

Still Fresh
So i was just curious if we could get a count on how many have sold. it would be great to watch this fine piece of techno weinie love sell out fast.

also i was curious if the ones that bought from the first batch get a certificate of authenticity or not. this is a monumental event. took us so long to get here. i would love a little piece of paper with the number of the unit produced B)

Hi,

An unfortunate thing for me: I couldn't complete pre-order becasue I've hit a monthly limit of 800 EUR on my VISA credit card (becasue I was buying lufthansa plane tickets, this month). I quickly went to the bank and they increased the limit to 1400 EUR. But this new limit will be effective in 9 hours :blink:

I'm so stupid that I didn't go to bank yesterday.

Now I'm wondering if they will sell out in 9 hours?? Please, please Craig tell us how many are sold already.

EDIT: whew... I asked my brother for help. He didn't hit a limit on his card :D :D :D
Now I got my pre-order and I can see how long it will take until it sells out and how much I did chicken out here ;)

BTW, I hope that it's possible to buy more "developer funds" later, becasue I only bought 3.

See the thread title.

It would have been nice to see a counter, but I guess that would just cause panic if the number of units left was dropping very quickly.

i asked ED 2.5 hours ago, and he said 50

But at that time getting through the actual process of preordering took like 30 minutes

Kyosys said:

But at that time getting through the actual process of preordering took like 30 minutes
Blimey, I expected a lot more than that... :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm wondering too, I won't have the money till the 9th of October, but I am probably screwed...

Kyosys said:

That's a lot lower than I expected. Is that all the retail venues summed?

Once the Digg story hit the front page, I thought there was a real risk of selling out in the first few hours- before then, I thought it'd take a day or two.

Me too. It was probably just due to the lags, though. Or maybe it was just for germany

I'm also wondering too, Without being selfish i hope they sell out nice and quick, so new ones come sooner and it becomes a big success.

It's definitely shaping up to be one though! :)

Kyosys said:
Me too. It was probably just due to the lags, though. Or maybe it was just for germany
if i remember corectly i read on the forum that in germany the curent number of preorders is 250.

i guess.. a lot of people (including me) wait for the second batch

I wonder if that figure's only for ED's store, and not for the main English store?

What happened to the newsletter? I had 3 email accounts and I still haven't recieved one. If I hadn't have check on the site myself I would still be waiting for the email. Maybe they should send out another mass email, that's if they sent one in the first place. I'm sure the pandora will do well tho. Just like to say a HUGE thankyou to the guys behind this project. YOU ROCK...

Just 10 minutes after you could preorder it was almost impossible to get through, it kept saying that it couldnt open the webpage. But now in the evening it was really easy.

I think there are 250 or so preordered and that from now every day there will be preorderd 30-50. It just needs some time to get on the big webpages and gaming magazines.

Mithrildor said:
Just 10 minutes after you could preorder it was almost impossible to get through, it kept saying that it couldnt open the webpage. But now in the evening it was really easy.

I think there are 250 or so preordered and that from now every day there will be preorderd 30-50. It just needs some time to get on the big webpages and gaming magazines.
I placed my order (and paid) from "rest of europe" at around 16:45 quite smoothly (except for images not being loaded, but I didn't gave firefox the time for that :D )

Considering number of people on the forums (I'm wondering how itwas all working when there was 2k ppl online :blink: 1 page per day? :huh: ) and some Engadget and Digg coverage... I predict ~600-1000units sold till the end of a day.

Hotcooler said:
Considering number of people on the forums (I'm wondering how itwas all working when there was 2k ppl online :blink: 1 page per day? :huh: ) and some Engadget and Digg coverage... I predict ~600-1000units sold till the end of a day.

I got in via the back door... well sort of...

I signed on at 6:30am in Vancouver, B.C. Canada but soon found out that the paypal was not set up correctly. As soon as Craig announced the e-mail address for paypal orders, I placed my and got confirmation soon after.
Glad to have mine accounted for. Now I just have to sit back, watch and wait.

Looking forward to it greatly !.

David...

Back