The most annoying thing about my Pandora right now ..

ibisum

.. is the little rattle that occurs when I'm playing, of the screen. It just irks me so much lately. It appears my hinge has gotten a little loose or something, because its impossible to hit a button and not have that rattle transfer through.

Anyone fixed it yet? Know what I mean? I'd love to know an easy solution .. the Pandora is such a great little computer, but this one little flaw irks me every single time I use it.

My left shoulder button stopped working a couple of weeks ago. If anyone is planning a case-redesign - please make the shoulder buttons actual buttons (like keyboard or AXBY type) instead of these gigantic paddles?

My case is creaky too - something I've considered but not tried yet - figuring out which screws are not seated properly and giving them one wrap of Teflon plumber's tape and re-inserting them. The idea is to give the screws a bit more grab.

One of the screws snapped off in the replacement case I have. Not sure if the screws themselves are strong enough to withstand more torque. Might be a good idea to check for stronger screws if you're going to try that. :p

No idea if these would work to reduce the rattle but both ideas should in theory work to add friction to the hinge area and limit loose hinge positioning aswell.

1. Mask the lid and ports and apply a spray or brushed on coating of a PTFE carbon build up spray to the hinge strip with the lid closed. Use the type designed for anglers pole fishing to repair and strengthen pole joints.

2. Theres a lot of wear n tear on pole joints so anglers often use candle or bees wax instead. I think a layer of wax which won't be noticeable on the pandora would also work. Or perhaps a matt varnish with maybe some black pigment added.

Simple and reversible methods that may help the issue for what it's worth IMO.

.. is that it is currently an unpopulated PCB and not in my home yet. If it is etched at all that is.

This poses a strange existential problem... where IS my Pandora, if it is yet not manufactured? Is it somewhere in the ether? ... ... these things keep me up at night, I swear.

Aww well; I got my trusty 049 (Metal Pandora). It doesn't boot up though. But at least it doesn't creak.

When I first got my Pandora last year , I also had a unresponsive shoulder button that rattled.

I took the back of the Pandora unit to inspect it , what I noticed is that it just wasn't springy enough .

Thought about it for a while and came up with a easy fix that has lasted over a year now ,

I cut in half a firm rubber washer that was about 1/4" width and about 3/4" in length and placed one half in

each of the shoulder button trays in such a way that the half washer now acts as a spring to push

the shoulder buttons back to the rest postion when the shoulder is not being depressed.

My shoulder buttons to this day are functioning with great reponse and feeling properly to me now. Bud

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine feels exactly like paper :unsure:

But it was cheap, and didn't need shipping...

i cant play SGD because my right nub doesnt work from 1-3 o clock

My R button hasn't ever worked properly.

I've got the old LCD cable so even though my screen works fine for now, every time I look at it I wonder when the cable is going to die on me... :(

Nubs seem fine. I'm a bit worried about the case cracking, even though I haven't had any issues so far, since I've seen so many issues with that.

I could probably send it in and get all these issues fixed, but I don't want to be away from it for that long. :p

Back