The New Seven Wonders Of The World

Which is the most deserving of being a new wonder of the world?

• Stonehenge

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Great Wall of China

• Taj Mahal

• Machu Picchu

• The Easter Island Statues

• The Colosseum

• The Parthenon

• Acropolis

• Kremlin/St.Basil's

• Timbuktu city

• Neuschwanstein Castle

• Sydney Opera House

• Petra ancient city

• Kyomizu Temple

• Alhambra

• Total voters

daclassicgamingmaster

It Is Your Birthday.
Website
krispf3.blogspot.com
Apparently it's time to pick the new seven wonders. the results of the public vote will be announced in Lisbon on 2007. There are a lot of nominees, although I think some dont belong, such as the Eiffle Tower and the Statue of Liberty. But hey, what do I know?

I'm curious as to what gp32x thinks. Cast your vote: Which is most deserving, in your opinion, of being in the new seven wonders?

By the way, I find it sick that they're nominating the Piramids of Giza again. It's the last remaining of the original seven wonders, why would it not remain that way? :angry: For that reason, I'm excluding it from this particular vote, because I think that's a given.

I voted for the Colloseum. Romans rocked ... if only they learned about the dangers of lead. We'd be colonized on Mars by now :(

TelcoLou posted on Oct 27 2006 at 09:13 PM said:
I voted for the Colloseum. Romans rocked ... if only they learned about the dangers of lead. We'd be colonized on Mars by now :(
I agree. I voted for the great wall, but I think both should be one of the seven.

Last edited by a moderator:
TelcoLou posted on Oct 27 2006 at 08:13 PM said:
Hurray for sending thousands of people including early christians, and on top of that they wiped out the mesopotamian box-nosed lion! :rolleyes:

Sure the romans were amazing architects, but near eastern civilizations studied things that led to space travel and other technology. *Let the argument begin ladies and gentlemen!*

No, let's not. I made this thread, because I find this to be absolutely fascinating. Think about it: they're naming the new seven wonders of the world in *our* lifetime. And we have a say over it. I dont want this to turn into a debate here, I just want opinions and insight.

I figured my top three are stonehenge, the great wall, and the colloseum. They're all very influential, and demonstrate the work eithic of ancient people quite well.

I wish I could see stonehenge. I know some of you brits are over in wiltshire, has anyone here seen it in person?

I think sam lives not far from stonehenge, If he does, I wouldn`t recommend he take his younger brother to see it, As he may try to scream at it and shatter it into little pieces, Like he did to sam`s GP32 screen. :lol: :rolleyes:

Old joke.

Btw, I picked Stonehenge.

Trooper

They're all great, it's a really hard choice. Well, on the other hand, I have seen Burg Neuschwanstein and was not too impressed...

I think my vote goes to Machu Picchu. Just look at the pictures... incredibly impressive.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Oct 28 2006 at 04:15 AM said:
No, let's not. I made this thread, because I find this to be absolutely fascinating. Think about it: they're naming the new seven wonders of the world in *our* lifetime. And we have a say over it. I dont want this to turn into a debate here, I just want opinions and insight.

I figured my top three are stonehenge, the great wall, and the colloseum. They're all very influential, and demonstrate the work eithic of ancient people quite well.

I wish I could see stonehenge. I know some of you brits are over in wiltshire, has anyone here seen it in person?
Spam and Rico live in Wiltshire, though I've never seen it personally.

Funny that someone wants to see Stonehenge. I've seen it several times, and it is nothing to look at. Just a lump of stones. England is covered in these stones, STonehenge just seems to be the largest clump of them.

It's the story behind them. Seeing them produces no awe, as opposed to the first time I went to Rome.

Or saw breasts.

trooper posted on Oct 28 2006 at 06:15 AM said:
I think sam lives not far from stonehenge, If he does, I wouldn`t recommend he take his younger brother to see it, As he may try to scream at it and shatter it into little pieces, Like he did to sam`s GP32 screen. :lol: :rolleyes:

Old joke.

Trooper

BWAHAHAHA! Lmao!

I have seen Stonehenge up close, I never really got it, it's just a bunch of stones on top of each other...

Lubidog, erected your own rock that day, eh?

Nova posted on Oct 28 2006 at 12:11 PM said:
I have seen Stonehenge up close, I never really got it, it's just a bunch of stones on top of each other...

I figure there must be a strange vibe coming from it. I mean, maybe when you saw it you were too young, or maybe you didnt care to see it in the first place, I dunno. I'd like to see it though.

Maybe it has more of a pull for me since I'm in america and it's not in front of my face, like the statue of liberty is. Some people are like dying to see that, and I really dont know why :rolleyes:

lol very clever

So the 'current' wonders of the world aren't gonna be wonders of the world anymore?

- Alex

Alex. posted on Oct 28 2006 at 01:34 PM said:
So the 'current' wonders of the world aren't gonna be wonders of the world anymore?

- Alex
They're all gone :(. Destroyed by mother nature for the most part.

Except for the piramids of giza, which for some reason is competing with everything else now for the new seven wonders. I think since that's the last remaining of the original seven, it should remain one! They are quite marvelous.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Oct 28 2006 at 04:29 PM said:

I figure there must be a strange vibe coming from it. I mean, maybe when you saw it you were too young, or maybe you didnt care to see it in the first place, I dunno. I'd like to see it though.

Maybe it has more of a pull for me since I'm in america and it's not in front of my face, like the statue of liberty is. Some people are like dying to see that, and I really dont know why :rolleyes:

lol very clever

I'll erect you in a minute!

TelcoLou posted on Oct 28 2006 at 02:13 AM said:
?

trooper posted on Oct 28 2006 at 06:15 AM said:

Old joke.

Trooper
I think im pretty close. *checks Google*

Edit: Distance: 25.3 mi (about 51 mins) thanks to roads.

lubidog posted on Oct 28 2006 at 12:42 PM said:
daclassicgamingmaster posted on Oct 28 2006 at 04:29 PM said:

lol very clever

I'll erect you in a minute!
Your mom makes me erect!

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Oct 27 2006 at 10:15 PM said:

I was being kind of sarcastic, as Telco always has a point about something I say... :rolleyes:

Back