The Official Craig Criticism Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

notaz

Certified Guru
Website
notaz.gp2x.de
(split from "Contribution icons next to posts" thread)

and get approval from the mods
All this needs to be ran by the board leaders and moderators first. Any thoughts?
I'm pretty sure that there's nothing moderators can do with any of this, really. It's something that we can't set up or deal with, so I think you'd have to be running it by Craig and/or ED (depending on who can/has to set things up). :p
As usual it's up to poor ED, doing business plans and contracts, negotiating with companies, fixing broken pandoras, doing the day job and now he'll have to implement useless forum icons because Craig decided he can milk more money from people this way.

edit: added context

Last edited by a moderator:
As usual it's up to poor ED, doing business plans and contracts, negotiating with companies, fixing broken pandoras, doing the day job and now he'll have to implement useless forum icons because Craig decided he can milk more money from people this way.
So you got that too : ED works, Craigx get the money. That's what you get when the only evilness you have is in your nick

EDITED because of :

At least, it seems so. ED even had to dig through a gazillion E-Mails alone, to find stuff against CC. I really fear, that ED is working himself to death one Day. :ph34r:

You ignorant fool. I seriously cannot believe you just said that, the same goes for Seb3. You have precisely no idea how hard we work and have worked for the last 4 years. I build the bloody Pandoras myself, I do the accounts, I deal with the ordering, I deal with the shipping, the bills, the customers, the press etc. in other words I did all the work Ed is now planning to do, and he's doing it to give me a break from it because I'm absolutely burned out.

But it's not good enough for dickheads like you is it? You did some work on the OS so that means you did far more than I ever did and obviously gives you the right to outrageously criticise all the work I've done to drag the Pandora in to existence, and let's not even mention all the money I ploughed in to the project which I know I will never get back.

Thanks Notaz, Seb3, now go back to whatever you do as a day job.

I'm going to the pub to collect my thoughts together. I'm deeply tired of these attacks.

I'm going to the pub to collect my thoughts together. I'm deeply tired of these attacks.
Take it easy craig.Notaz sounds sore about some other matter and is just using this as an excuse to attack you.Its obvious to a blind deaf and mentally retarded individual that you and ed work your bollocks off.You deserve a rest and the pandora is awesome by the way.

You have precisely no idea how hard we work and have worked for the last 4 years.
Have I ever said you haven't done work on this or your work is irrelevant?

But it's not good enough for dickheads like you is it? You did some work on the OS so that means you did far more than I ever did and obviously gives you the right to outrageously criticise all the work I've done to drag the Pandora in to existence, and let's not even mention all the money I ploughed in to the project which I know I will never get back.
Again, that's not what I said, stop taking such claims out of your ass.

I just don't like the way you are dealing with this. Asking for donations "to use the forum and associated websites" to your own account when it's not even you administering and paying for that stuff is just dirty. And it's one of many situations you are manipulating information like this which I plain hate.

Working hard on something doesn't make you immune to criticism. Sure I've done the kernel and also received plenty of criticism on it and have absolutely no problem with it. The input drivers are awkward, the kernel base is old, interfaces could be done better and so on and on..

Thanks Notaz, Seb3, now go back to whatever you do as a day job.
I don't think I care about what you wish, it's not you I'm here for.

Can I point out that:

1. The core team, including Craig, work hard against a number of difficulties,
  2. Are not infallible,
  3. Nobody else is either,
  4. That whether or not there should be a campaign to receive donations from forum members, that’s not what this thread is about.
  5. Finally the Pandora wouldn't exist without volunteers in the community who are doing a great job on it. Three cheers for everyone who has worked on the project! Let's give them icons!

I just don't like the way you are dealing with this. Asking for donations "to use the forum and associated websites" to your own account when it's not even you administering and paying for that stuff is just dirty. And it's one of many situations you are manipulating information like this which I plain hate.

Astonishing. I need to consult with Ed about how we're going to handle the utter bullshit you just spewed.

Presuming to know what Craig is doing with these funds, and spewing it all over the forums is not a great way to conduct yourself. You should be above this sort of thing. You know how prone people are to picking up on this hearsay and repeating it as truth, and it's truly unnecessary to make these.. well.. "attacks."

If people don't want to donate, they don't have to. The people here are generally intelligent and informed individuals who are able to donate of their own free will. They don't need you constructing elaborate conspiracy theories to save them from "manipulation."

I've got nothing against you personally. But this sort of thing really has to stop.

Craig isn't living like a king, drinking gold-flake enthused alcohol and laughing at you all for handing over piles of money. Quite the opposite, in fact.

Please, all calm down, would you?

We're ALL working hard, that's something I can assure you.

Craig was doing all the Pandora orders, etc. until recently, as it's way easier for me dealing with German companies as it is for him.

He's heavily working on the iControlPad, I'm not doing that much there right now.

Yes, I've got tons of work to do with the Pandora right now, but I'm fine with that.

As long as we can get everything going and all you guys get your Pandora, I'm happy.

I have no problem doing tons of work, I've no problem if Craig currently doesn't do as much Pandora stuff as I did, as it was mostly the opposite during the last years.

The least I want is anyone here fighting. We're all trying to do our best, so let's do it together, mmkay?

Surely there are plenty of legitimate reasons Craig needs money - cancellations, massive losses due to various mishaps, I'm not trying to say he is doing fraud or spending it all on vodka. I just hate his manipulation of information (let's call it that) and I strongly disagree he can't be criticized.

I strongly disagree he can't be criticized.

I think he's had enough criticism to last him a lifetime. I wouldn't say he shouldn't be criticised, but can't it be kept to more subtle channels? Derailing every single thing he ever says or does on these forums isn't exactly constructive, no matter what your intentions.

There's an off-topic forum, where I invite you to bitch about Craig as much as you like, as long as it doesn't get outright offensive or slanderous. I might even join in; I'm an opinionated trollface as much as the next man.

Oh please stop, or this kitten will die !

Kitten.jpg

Craigix: I kind of imagine you looking more and more like your avatar .. except with a funny hat on.

Is an "official criticism" thread directed at anyone really all that productive or respectful? Seems rather immature to me. Even in the off topic section.

Is an "official criticism" thread directed at anyone really all that productive or respectful? Seems rather immature to me. Even in the off topic section.

It was obviously split from another thread, probably the $1 Pandora one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back