The Orbit bij WORP3, the 32bit MSX computer!

Looks great, sounds mad! These guys must have a lot of money and a certain degree of madness.

I think the 19" rackmount design choice is a bit odd.

Yeah, but it also looks pretty retro

:) , and their effort of creating such a neat piece of hardware reminds me of OpenPandora, but different.​

Last edited by a moderator:
I , 2bit am a rouge newb . But I am willing to learn . So this leads me to a question ye old wizened tech aware people who are not really all that old at all : is this meant to emulate msx ? Or to play the software on actual pieces of physical media ? I shall await your answer and if you choose to answer my thanks is given .

Sorry for the midevil way of speaking I just thought I should be more refined in my way of speaking .

I , 2bit am a rouge newb . But I am willing to learn . So this leads me to a question ye old wizened tech aware people who are not really all that old at all : is this meant to emulate msx ? Or to play the software on actual pieces of physical media ? I shall await your answer and if you choose to answer my thanks is given .

Sorry for the midevil way of speaking I just thought I should be more refined in my way of speaking .

Its an actual msx, not an emulator.

Consider this to be a 32bit Msx thats backward compatible, instead of an 8bit msx.

It supports cardtridges, but will also play media from SD cards, and supports USB devices and such.

So its really like a modern day Msx, if Microsoft still made them, this is what an Msx would have been like today.

Its an actual msx, not an emulator.

Consider this to be a 32bit Msx thats backward compatible, instead of an 8bit msx.

It supports cardtridges, but will also play media from SD cards, and supports USB devices and such.

So its really like a modern day Msx, if Microsoft still made them, this is what an Msx would have been like today.
Just one more question : where can I buy one ?! That is when this one is past prototypeing .

@Gunrock, Nope I do not have a lot of money but you are probably right about the madness part ;)

Some introduction:

I started this new project in the beginning of this year and I decided to start designing the housing first instead of some pcb board that won't fit anywhere.

So far i've completed the first few prototypes and the first three pcb that will fit inside the front.

I'm now busy designing the mainboard, after that off-coarse the firmware !

@Foxgod, You are right it will not emulate an msx ! Although the CPU will run inside a FPGA they will actually be able to run msx code.

Regards,

Tjeerd.

BTW It's the first time I'm seeing the Pandora and I must say I do like the concept of it ;)

@Gunrock, Nope I do not have a lot of money but you are probably right about the madness part ;)

Some introduction:

I started this new project in the beginning of this year and I decided to start designing the housing first instead of some pcb board that won't fit anywhere.

So far i've completed the first few prototypes and the first three pcb that will fit inside the front.

I'm now busy designing the mainboard, after that off-coarse the firmware !

@Foxgod, You are right it will not emulate an msx ! Although the CPU will run inside a FPGA they will actually be able to run msx code.

Regards,

Tjeerd.

BTW It's the first time I'm seeing the Pandora and I must say I do like the concept of it ;)

Hey, how did you find this place ? :)

Looking forward to your project.

Google is your biggest friend on the internet ;)

It's a great way to keep in contact with all of the people that are interested in my projects.

Back