The Pandora Dev Appreciation Thread

Blue Protoman

I realize that aside from any release threads or Repo entries, the developers for this wonderful device don't get enough thanks...or hell, even attention. So let's set aside some time to get to know the other half of the important people who make the Pandora what it is; the developers. Be they the core OS guys (notaz, DJWillis, cpasjustice, I think) or simple game, app, or emulatr developers or porters (Pickle, mcobit, or sebt3), or even the main men behind the project (Craig, EvilDragon, MWestion, DaveC, or Fatih; where is he, anyway?), I think they all deserve not only some general thanks, but to be in the center of the light. So users, tell us which devs you admire here and why, or ask questions about them. Devs, tell us your own feelings or about yourself in general.

thx sebt3 for Pan Newsreader, thx Exophase for working on emulator netplay, thx Ari64 for Mupen, thx B-ZaR for Panorama, thx milkshake for repo, thx BlueProtoman for links to illegal roms, thx Sebt3 for Zelda homebrew ports, thx slaeshjag for midori, thx Sebt3 for Audacious, thx notaz for GINGE even tho its giving me a major headache right now, and thx for future GPar2 porter, whomever you may be to make my pandora complete

thx sebt3 for Pan Newsreader, thx Exophase for working on emulator netplay, thx Ari64 for Mupen, thx B-ZaR for Panorama, thx milkshake for repo, thx BlueProtoman for links to illegal roms, thx Sebt3 for Zelda homebrew ports, thx slaeshjag for midori, thx Sebt3 for Audacious, thx notaz for GINGE even tho its giving me a major headache right now, and thx for future GPar2 porter, whomever you may be to make my pandora complete
lol

Anyway, a huge thanks to not only the OPT and the devs who have so far helped make the Pandora what it is today...but thank you also to the awesome OP community that we have here. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know everybody's name but I will name their contributions.

Peca and WizardStan for making TV out and more possible.

The person who ported chrome

The person responsible for the ports of decent 1 and 2

Whomever made the new nub configorator

The person who handled my issue with getting the wrong adapter

Person responsible for PCCSXREARMED (Cool name btw)

Geometry dust dev

Pidgn porter

vlc porter

ffmpg porter (i havnt tested yet)

3d tetris porter

The guy that did thruster! I remember him from the tapland!

2h4u dev

And OFC all those that are on the OPT who risked their livelihoods and then some.

Really tho those are the ones I find most memorable. OFC anyone who has contributed to the wiki, anyone who had anything to do with anything packaged for the pandora. I appreciate the contributions of everyone who has posted positively on these forums (and the other forums), you have all provided enthusiasm, ideas, motivation and more to this community and thus to the Pandora.

We have all built something worthy of recognition. As each day goes by I see more progress, more contributions. I believe that the Pandora will one day be in the hands of tens of thousands of people. And I would not be surprised if it was one day in the hands of hundreds of thousands.

I don't know everybody's name but I will name their contributions.

Peca and WizardStan for making TV out and more possible.

The person who ported chrome

The person responsible for the ports of decent 1 and 2

The person who handled my issue with getting the wrong adapter

Person responsible for PCCSXREARMED (Cool name btw)

Geometry dust dev

Pidgn porter

vlc porter

ffmpg porter (i havnt tested yet)

3d tetris porter

The guy that did thruster! I remember him from the tapland!

2h4u dev

And OFC all those that are on the OPT who risked their livelihoods and then some.

Really tho those are the ones I find most memorable. OFC anyone who has contributed to the wiki, anyone who had anything to do with anything packaged for the pandora. I appreciate the contributions of everyone who has posted positively on these forums (and the other forums), you have all provided enthusiasm, ideas, motivation and more to this community and thus to the Pandora.

We have all built something worthy of recognition. As each day goes by I see more progress, more contributions. I believe that the Pandora will one day be in the hands of tens of thousands of people. And I would not be surprised if it was one day in the hands of hundreds of thousands.

:) We're all pretty close here, so it wouldn't hurt to learn to least some of these guys names! :D

Hey, I made it onto somebodies list :) Being able to impact someones experience, however small it may be, is a great reward for the programming effort.

First, I too wish to express my gratitude to the many developers and porters out there. Personally I only occasionally write small applications to address minor usability issues, but there are many active developers here which tackle large and complex projects. Many thank to you all for time you invest in these projects and the joy and entertainment they bring.

Second, thanks to all those community members that contribute to the Pandora in any other way, be it providing art, documentation, support or just interesting discussions. The Pandora experience wouldn't be the same without you.

I would like to thank myself, for just being so awesome. B)

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Actually thanks to all the guys and gals that have been here supporting each device as its come out. I dont think you can find a much more technical inclined group (and that do it for fun). To me the best part is giving and taking help from each other and seeing each others projects fly.

Heres to many more years of open source handheld device extravaganza.

Great thread.

I would also like to extend gratitude not just for the devs, but for everyone who helped in any way, to make the Pandora what it is today.

I would like to thank myself, for just being so awesome. B)

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Actually thanks to all the guys and gals that have been here supporting each device as its come out. I dont think you can find a much more technical inclined group (and that do it for fun). To me the best part is giving and taking help from each other and seeing each others projects fly.

Heres to many more years of open source handheld device extravaganza.

*Bows down to the mighty Pickle*

*Bows down to the mighty Pickle*

oh you dont have to.......but go ahead :p

Really the talent that to this community in general can really be a humbling experience, like with notaz and his emulation and kernel magic, M_HT with arm static recomp's and dosbox arm recompile core, ari64 with his arm/mips recompilier, exophase emulators, and those are the just the tip of the iceberg of people I can think off the top my head in a few seconds.

Reminds me, too bad we havnt seen squidge in ages. Who can forget when he dropped the mmuhack on us. Its moments like those where one person drops a spontaneously technologically combustion bombs the forums (i think the sound of that :D ).

Just a quick thanks to all the devs out there (os, emulators, useful applications, homebrew games, ports, etc.) awesOme job guys, this is coming from sOmeone who doesn't have their pandora yet (upgraded to premium June 4) but I know when I get it I'll be all set for an awesome os and heaps of great software, so thanks very much to all you hard working devs out there, you're what makes this project work. I really should get some sleeP but I'm still prety wired from last night/tonight/thismorning or whatever it is now, so I might go see what other threads I can have a say in. Peace people

There are too many folks to name, and I fear that by trying to, I'll leave someone important out, so I don't think I'm even going to attempt to do that.

So, I just want to say thankyou to all of you developers for making this system so damn useful. I'm grateful that you're all out there, as I was never able to get my head around programming, myself, and wouldn't even be able to do half of what you guys do. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been wondering; have any pictures of the devs ever shown up?
This is the Internet, you know, they already have.
Cool, you just answered your own question then. :)

I meant in exposing themselves, "spreading out" as you put it. True, Prometheus has never posted a picture of herself (that we know of), but I could probably find some dirt on her given a few bits of info and some time. I guarantee you she's on a Mega Man forum somewhere, for instance.

And let's take a minute to think of the devs as people, not devs. Because we're all the same in that regard; we have hopes, feelings, dreams, likes, dislikes, emotions, etc. So why don't you guys tell us a bit about yourselves that you haven't brought up too much, but you'd secretly like to tell? This is the context you've been looking for, have at it!

i would like to thank everyone that i can possibly list in 60 seconds because that is the time i get before the Oscars cut my mic.
biggrin.gif
there is a lot of stuff that i don't have to worry in compiling if it was't for you guys. also thx for making such a perfect device so i don't have to get a icrap.

First off, to the main four, congrats on the Pandora. Everything that I wasn't satisfied in with the Wiz has been fixed. You've got a real winner on your hands, guys, you should meet up again if only for a party of some sort.

Skeezix, despite me not using it, I want to say thank you for your efforts in Minimenu. I wish I could say more, but I can't, so I won't. The other stuff you've done (emulators, mostly) is also to be noted.

Pickle, you yourself are a dealmaker for the Pandora. Yes, it's ports mostly, but it's not like they can always be drive-by efforts. You take on the hard stuff, and you make it your bitch. Oh, and Quake.

Same to you, notaz, but for your work in the emulators (and the kernel or something, sorry, don't know much of that!). Even now, fullspeed PS1 still surprises me. And we can't forget Ginge and the other things you've done (which I cannot remember at this time).

sebt3, mcobit, you're both great, helpful men who provide the best of both the developer and community worlds.

I wish I could list more names, but I'd be here all night. A round of applause to all!

Back