The Pandora Was Featured On Engadget Again.

musicalwoods

Well, the Pandora was featured on Engadget again, this time for the Dreamcast emulation video.

I kind of find it funny how many Pandora followers avidly read Engadget as well. A lot of the initial replies seemed to be preemptive troll defense.

Well, anywhoo, I just thought I would link to the article in case anyone likes reading user comments concerning the project as much as I do.

I wonder if there is a spike in the amount of mail openpandorasales@gmail.com is getting right now...

Cool. This breaks the ice nicely for the impending "Pandora is shipping" article. :D

[edit] Why is it always DCemu readers tipping them off? Next time, PandoraPress gets the Read link. :ph34r:

A lot less instadoubters than there've been in the past. That's good.

Edit:

Whoa, 9 people clicked on the little ad at the bottom of the official blog in a link I posted and I made $6 to help with the web hosting  :D

Unfathomable Depths said:
What ad? I disabled AdBlock and still don't see it.

Link me please :)

I don't mind clicking on links/filling in forms that help people I like.

I checked with Firefox, disabled Adblock, restarted it, and checked again, and it's there. Maybe Adblock is still enabled.

Anyway, you don't have to disable it; you can go to extensions > options, click add filter, and type in @@http://pandorapress.net to whitelist it. :)

eDqC9.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Gruso said:
Ads :(

Oh well, costs need to be covered I guess. Looks like I can buy "Low Price Pandora" now. Sweet.

That will be a PSOne, Amiga, SNES and several 80s home computers duct taped together ;)

Gruso said:
Ads :(

Oh well, costs need to be covered I guess. Looks like I can buy "Low Price Pandora" now. Sweet.

That will be a PSOne, Amiga, SNES and several 80s home computers duct taped together ;)
I think I should buy that! I could always use some duct tape.

Got it. Cheers :)

This was the ad I got

pandora.jpg
Really? I thought I turned off image ads.

Gruso, I made this as unobtrusive as possible, but $10 a month is hard when you don't get any income :p

$330 is even worse... Oi, I need to think of some way to make dough if I'd ever like to see a Pandora...

*SIGH*, back to topic, YES! It's videos like this that people tend to remember.

atomicthumbs said:
Gruso, I made this as unobtrusive as possible, but $10 a month is hard when you don't get any income :p

Yeah, on further thought it's totally a decent idea. It's actually looks pretty ok too, which is a bonus. I'm surprised it does that well from only a few clicks, I thought those things paid in cents!

I followed one ad through to an Aussie homebrew supplier and clicked around their site for a while. Hopefully there's a buck in that. Now I'm thirsty.

atomicthumbs said:
Really? I thought I turned off image ads.

Add a donate to server fees button that states when fees have been covered for the month? I'm sure you could get a couple people to donate, and if it is only $10 you would probably have it covered pretty often. :p

Oh, and speaking of getting hits from the masses... we now have Digg and Reddit buttons ready to drop into posts when the news is big. Hopefully they'll get their first run in the second half of October. Thanks to A-Thumbz.

Gruso said:
[edit] Why is it always DCemu readers tipping them off? Next time, PandoraPress gets the Read link. :ph34r:
"Next time" might be when Pandora ships... c'mon, everyone, get your ninja suits and quick fingers ready to tip Engadget on a lead. Gotta get Pandora Press in before DCemu does. :ph34r:

Jourdy288 said:
$330 is even worse... Oi, I need to think of some way to make dough if I'd ever like to see a Pandora...
Lemme make you all super jealous:
I'm in high school, so my costs of living are still being covered by my parents, but I feed my neighbors horses twice a day and receive $150 a month for it. This has been going on for 2 years, which means I'm up $3600(not from my parents at all). Pandora = chump change. :)

El Jefe said:
Jourdy288 said:
Lemme make you all super jealous:
I'm in high school, so my costs of living are still being covered by my parents, but I feed my neighbors horses twice a day and receive $150 a month for it. This has been going on for 2 years, which means I'm up $3600(not from my parents at all). Pandora = chump change. :)
dang

I tipped Engadget on this the day the video was put up. Damn it Engadget, why don't you guys like me... :(

I got them to post some Pandora video/article/something like, 10 months ago. I guess I can't expect to get lucky twice. ;)

I didn't see anyone else mention it, but former regular round these parts 'Nick Lo Turco' got a shameless plug in the last issue of 'Retro Gamer':

nicklettersm2.jpg

Back