The Pandora's Public Fame!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fearofshorts

Hey! For the first time I can remember, http://www.open-pandora.org/ is the first result on Google when searching for "Pandora"! It was always the jewelery brand.

Up until now to show people the Pandora's webpage from another computer I have had to go to Google, scroll down half-way and then click the link. What a surprise this is!

Now, if you're wondering why I'm posting this, I have three main reasons:
The first is that I'm completely out of it right now and have an impaired sense of judgment (I have no idea why though).
The second, and more important reason, is that this means that we are getting a lot more public attention.
The third, and most relevant, is that this means that anyone who searches for the Pandora will actually find the damn thing!

Can you imagine how many people there are out there who have heard of our beautiful device and gone looking for it, only to find a great deal on some glittery-bracelet?
This is great news, and an indicator that there is a large swarm of potential customers just waiting out there.

EDIT: The above is incorrect. Stupid Google (or some part of FireFox) must have noticed that I visit that site a lot. DAMN!

Seems odd.. I thought it was always #1 on my google search... Maybe I hit "Open Pandora".

Either way! WOO!

Not for me, it shows as the 5th result. I believe either you have done something (like change some preferences, you have Google Toolbar don't you?) or very few from Australia go to the other 4 more popular sites.

Can you please clear your cookies and try again to confirm that Australians now see our Pandora as the first result when searching for the keyword Pandora? :)

Maybe it is in Australia...

For us in the US, the first link is www.pandora.com - the Pandora online radio station. It's 6th on the list for me.

I just checked on Google.co.uk, and it is the fourth result when searching from there. It shows up after pandora-jewelry.com (the official site of the jewellery company), pandora.com (as in the US internet radio service), and pandorauk.com (apparently a UK vendor of the aforementioned jewellery).

Two listings for Pandora.com, Pandora Wikipedia page, Pandora Jewelery and after that Open Pandora.

Not in the UK, but Google thinks I am in London (connected via a VPN)

Vorporeal said:
Maybe it is in Australia...

For us in the US, the first link is www.pandora.com - the Pandora online radio station. It's 6th on the list for me.

It's 6th for me too...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, it's actually the 11th for me. That was after reseting safari. If I type 'open pandora' then it's the first, but that makes sense.

What drugs are you on? Mushies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back