The Pandoras Speakers

J201605

Website
google.com
With all the pandora information i have not seen any information about the speakers, does anyone know about placement/type/quality of the speakers?

Jackd said:
With all the pandora information i have not seen any information about the speakers, does anyone know about placement/type/quality of the speakers?
The speakers themselves are located to either side of the screen.
I don't think that any other information has been disclosed about them just yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think the speakers are of primary concern seeing as it's a portable device. It's not like you can even notice a proper stereo effect when the speakers are that close together. Headphones FTW in this case :)

Edit: Can't spell

hmmm ill search through squidges posts--------fishybawb-speakers are cool for listening to music/playing games when you don't want to be totally shut off from all sounds around you.

edit: searched through squidges posts and couldn't find any info, either I'm accidentally taking your post seriously (tongue out smiley face?) or he edited it out because he didn't mean to release the info.

Squidge said:
All I know about the speakers is that we'll be having two of them!

But there's easily room for 4 of them! Then we could have surround sound. Just need to find somewhere in the unit to hide a sub. B)

I hope they are decent quality.... and equal volume too unlike my gp2x. Though I guess there's only so much you can get out of speakers that tiny.

fishybawb said:
I don't think the speakers are of primary concern seeing as it's a portable device. It's not like you can even notice a proper stereo effect when the speakers are that close together. Headphones FTW in this case :)

Edit: Can't spell
The stereo effect shouldn't be bad. It was quite nice on the Zodiac and that was about the same distance between the speakers.

all i hope is that theyre better quality, and louder, than the nds speakers.
honestly i dont think those things can produce frequencies below about 8,000hz lol.

gibberish said:
honestly i dont think those things can produce frequencies below about 8,000hz lol.

I don't think it was the speakers that were the main quality issue in the NDS. I suspect it was moreso the lack of storage space for high quality sound on the cartridges, perhaps also a lack of processing power aswell. DS still often sounds pretty awefull plugged into a decent speaker set. :p

Zarneth said:
gibberish said:

I don't think it was the speakers that were the main quality issue in the NDS. I suspect it was moreso the lack of storage space for high quality sound on the cartridges, perhaps also a lack of processing power aswell. DS still often sounds pretty awefull plugged into a decent speaker set. :p
agreed, playing games plugged into hifi speakers does sound pretty rough around the edges...
but what im talking about is playing 320kbps mp3's or even wav files out of the built in speakers...
it just sounds terrible, theres absolutely no bass at all and a horrific amount of high middle / treble.

As long as we can turn em off completely (even when the headphones are removed) or possibly open the hardware up and unplug them (like you can apparantly do with the GP2x - too bad the screws are TOOOUGH) they should be okay.. :)

I just hate accidentally unplugging my headphones and blasting Cyberdemon roars at high volume at 04:00 at night... :) Granted, this does not happen often with the GP2x (very nice and tight female plugs.. heh) but if the Pandora is prone to issues like this, well, that'd be bad..

If we can detect if the headphones are plugged in through software, that's problem solved right there -- Firmware needs to make it work nicely then. :)

javaJake said:
Megagun said:
As long as we can turn em off completely (even when the headphones are removed)
Yep, hardware wheel (or slider if they can't do the wheel) will take care of this. :)

I`d imagine that would also affect the headphone socket too, Unless there was an independent volume control for each or a switch to disable the speakers altogether.

Trooper

Back